1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Weiland] Post-Trade Western Conference Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by uncarved, Oct 28, 2012.

1. uncarved

uncarved Member

The guy most famous for predicting Jeremy Lin's breakout reviews the Western Conference after the Harden trade:
    http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=933
    I'm not sure about his track record as an analyst outside of the Lin projection, but I generally like numbers-based approaches like his. However, I think he has the Rockets a little too high, I'd expect 45-48 wins.

He also appears to have a really high opinion of Aldrich, projecting him as a MIP candidate:

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=930
    Mentioning Thabeet as a possible MIP really makes it seem like he's throwing stuff at the wall and waiting for something to stick, but to be somewhat fair, it was only as an afterthought for the last position on his list.

2. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

He mentioned Cole as MIP not Thabeet.

3. uncarved

uncarved Member

Bolded the relevant part:

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the guy does seem like he's throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks.

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

What an idiot

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

53 wins?

About 10 high in my estimation.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Is he out of his mind? 53 wins?! At their peak, the Rockets teams with Yao and Tracy managed 55 wins with one of the greatest coaches, Rick Adelman, and somehow this incredibly young, no-All-star team is going to get 53? lol