1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weenies burn flag to protest cops, get attacked by bikers, need cops to save their asses

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GlenDice, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Only in reference to the anti-acne drug, and whatever faculty adviser approved the club.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one was saying that the Westboro Baptist protesters shouldn't be able to protest, just that it should be at a distance so that people could bury their dead in peace. They have a right to do that you know. Comparing trying to disrupt a funeral to burning a flag is what's ridiculous.

And equating a legal act with an illegal one is what's hilarious. Hey if dress like a gay and get beat-up - you had it coming. Or if you are black and you walk through a white neighborhood - you have it coming because that's stupid. Or the other way around.

It's not right for a civilian to assault anyone for any reason except self-defense.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy to get your panties all fired up as well if you like. It would be very easy to get those guys PO'd. Want me to show you?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great post. Thanks for clearing up some of the misconceptions I had.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The cop in that pic looks like David Lee lol. But seriously just a bunch of a-holes acting on impulse and didn't give a thought to the bigger picture. It's all for show off anger bs. Don't care to give attention but would like to know where they strike to avoid danger.. **** those people.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

People need to remember that the first amendment protects free speech from the government intervening. It doesn't protect you from biker ex marines.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People are so stupid when it comes to ******* flags. It's just a ****ing cloth thing bought at Walmart. Get over it, both flag lovers and flag haters.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Criminal law against assault, however, does.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

THat is funny crap...

You have the right to burn the symbol of the country that gave you that right... and you have the right to get your A$$ kicked by some bikers... damn funny

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

True. Criminal misdemeanor, not a violation of the first amendment.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If a Marine values the first amendment as he probably would say, then wouldn't it be hypocritical of him to attack someone for practicing their first amendment?

12. fchowd0311

You do know that an individual can be a dick even if they didn't 'violate' any of the amendments. The amendments aren't the ten commandments. Physically assaulting someone because someone was burning a piece of cloth is more dickish than burning a piece of cloth.

13. fchowd0311

Actually the government does not give the right for the bikers to physically assault...so... yeah

Can you stop with this symbolic bull****? The flag didn't grant you ****. If others don't value symbolism as much as you doesn't make them less American.

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I would add that current day Rojava, and the pre-Franco Spanish Republic are good examples of anarchist states.

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If there was a disagreement of rights, maybe the best thing would have been for the police to let them settle it among themselves. Who knows? After a good day of brawling, they would have had a comforting beverages together. ;)

16. fchowd0311

There is no disagreement. Assault is assault is assault.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Assault depends on the first blow. The second blow is defense. All that follows is usually a brawl. When does a brawl become a melee? Who is to say who is assaulted?

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Of course fchowd0311 sides with the flag burners. Anyone surprised?

19. fchowd0311

The person who goes up and hits someone because they are burning a piece of fabric. That's the person who is going to be charged with assault.

I don't know if you are playing a shtick... God I hope so.

20. fchowd0311

I think I've done more than enough for this country to not worship symbolic gestures. You can go ahead and do that while I can actually with my literal blood spilled for this country show my loyalty. **** off.