1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 2] College Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 29, 2016.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Tough week for the Big 12. OSU got hosed and while the intentional grounding was a terrible mistake, the game was over. TCU throwing on 2nd down was kinda strange considering how much time was left and how well Hill was rushing the ball. But that 6'10" OL for Arky...:eek:

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, right? :grin:

Hats off to the Hogs ...showing that SEC class.

3. Buck Turgidson

He did it after the previous TD as well but refs didn't see it.

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Well, this weekend of college football cleared the admittedly low bar of expectations.

We got some wacky endings, got a marquee thriller between Arkansas and TCU, and ended the night with the theatre of the absurd that was Arizona State and Texas Tech playing defense much in the same way that George Whitfield plays defense with that broom when he's training QBs.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I thought they'd blow the doors off of Arkansas, too, honestly.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcpC0xxlkoM

I think it's kinda weird you can end the game on an intentional grounding.

The officials may have gotten the call wrong, but I think the rule should be changed to how the officials played it.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kenny Hill sucks. He doesn't scare anyone.

Lol at Gary Patterson. It's always good when he loses.