1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 1] Redskins @ Texans 9/7/14

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ditty

Ditty Member

I'll be in town from SA on Saturday attending the Redskins Rally at Lucky's across the street from Minute Maid with majority of my buddies being Redskins fans, and two of them being Texans fans and of course I being a Redskins fan also.We have seats in the lower level by the Redskins tunnel, and I haven't been to NRG Stadium since Wrestlemania 25, so I've never watched a football game in the stadium before.

Should be a great game. I think the RG3 struggles are overrated, I thought he looked fine outside of sliding the first two pre season games but I wouldn't be shocked if he struggles with Watt chasing him all night long. Redskins main weakness is the right side of the offensive line, which Chester and Polumbus both are garbage, and will hopefully be replaced next season by two promising rookies Spencer Long, and Morgan Moses.

The defense looked great in preseason, and no one is talking about how great Ryan Kerrigan, and hopefully he plays Brian Orakpo and new signee from the Cowboys Jason Hatcher looked in the preseason. Ryan Clark from the Steelers is going to make a lot of difference also we were so weak in the safety position last year.

I predict....

Redskins-24
    Texans-14

HTTR!

2. Raven

Raven Member

That's my line!

:grin:

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Texans still have some questions with the right side of their line as well.
    The secondary also has some questions, but I think the added pressure from Clowney and a resurgent Jerrell Powe should help it out.
    The only way Redskins beat Texans at NRG this Sunday is if RGIII has a nice game.
    Even then, the score will be closer than the one you posted.
    Do not discount Texans ability to score points based solely on Fitzpatrick - the D also has regained it's ability to score and our ST also now has a heartbeat.
    For that reason, I predict Texans 24, Redskins 17.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If the Redskins score that much, then I agree with you they'll probably win. But look at your bolded line, and then imagine them going up against Clowney and Watt.

I think both teams are going to struggle on offense, particularly in the passing game. It's just a question of which team will be able to stay physical at the line and impose its will via the running game.

Gonna be a great, close game I feel. In the end Foster behind Brown, Sua Filo, Myers, and Brooks + Home Field might take the edge over Morris behind the Washington O-line, but I don't see how anyone can be certain one way or the other.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I hope Chuck Norris plays quarterback for us.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

to be fair, he thought we would win it last year too

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Really important to get our run game going. I have zero confidence in Fitzpatrick's ability to not screw things up. Need to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I predict a hand off fumble because of this comment.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In his first game in 10 months, Arian Foster will start and is "going to play alot." <a href="http://t.co/UFOb37gl9I" title="http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/arian-foster-get-bulk-playing-time">csnhouston.com/football-houst…</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/DZangaro/status/507917677390618624" data-datetime="2014-09-05T15:46:25+00:00">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol kind of hard when hes the QB and handles the ball on every single snap

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hopefully Washington will be "red faced" when they leave Houston Sunday night.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I predict an Arian fumble due to lack of contact this preseason. Regardless we win.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Friday Injury report: <a href="http://t.co/q4eVdom0CQ">pic.twitter.com/q4eVdom0CQ</a></p>&mdash; Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/507963230640427008">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O'Brien learned well from Bill Belichick. For O'Brien's first injury report, 13 players are listed, and 11 are probable. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/daytoday?src=hash">#daytoday</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/507963298948870144">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>C.J. Fiedorowicz will be start if Graham can't. Has impressed OB who says he's become a better blocker &amp; improved in passing game each week.</p>&mdash; Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/status/507949661898821632" data-datetime="2014-09-05T17:53:31+00:00">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Can't help but wonder if Fitzpatrick might develop undisclosed back issues around 11AM Sunday.

18. Marteen

Marteen Member

Predicting Texans find a way to lose the game early, and it snowballs from there. I'd like to be proven wrong.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

How is reporting a lot of injuries a good thing?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a form of deception, if you list the entire roster on the injury report, the other team doesn't know which are real injuries and which are bogus injuries so it's harder for them to gameplan.