1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Week 1: Chicago Bears (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Sep 6, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watt said he's gotten smarter about his body and can't &quot;pound&quot; all the time. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/773594870170521600">September 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watt said his low point was in Philly after first surgery. He questioned whether he would be able to ever play again. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/773594295928446976">September 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Man, Watt is scaring me.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is being a bit dramatic I hope.

Gese.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Damn, this doesnt sound good at all.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Didn't practice: Duane Brown (hamstring); Limited: Will Fuller (hamstring), J.J. Watt (back); Full: Akeem Dent (concussion)</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/773613680881565696">September 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Battle of the unbeatens!!!

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Love JJ but he gets effing annoying sometimes.

Questions if he could play again- rushes back to start the season.
    Says he couldnt walk after surgery- Well, no chit. You just got out of back surgery. If you wouldve had your appendix removed, you wouldnt be able to walk after surgery either JJ.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think I have a man crush on Bill O'Brien.

He's the man. He's the perfect coach for this team, and a Houston team in general. It's about time we have coach that doesn't beat around the bush or tell people what they want to hear.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So watt can play every snap but didn't practice?

I'm confused with him

10. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Parking is $15 but the train ride is free around trip. I have never seen it completely full but I have never come really late either.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Time to bring back the JJ Watt fatigue thread?

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He's talking about the first surgery back in January. That was probably his first major operation under the knife so I'd understand him questioning himself after something like that.

13. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clowney is gonna have a season this year.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He damn well better!

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I believe so too

Just plain sucks that watt is now injured

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

they sewed the man back together. Are you kidding? hes not allowed a moment of self doubt or a moment of vulnerability in sharing that? Some people.

You want wife beaters, dbags, homophobes, drug addicts and the lot there's plenty of teams and players for you to follow.

"Minor" back surgery is like "soft" rock. There's nothing minor about splitting your back open and there's no such thing as rock and roll that is easy on the ears.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Me thinks you missed the point.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This is all marketing by Watt's PR team, that way if he has a big game on Sunday, his superman image will get even larger. Watt is the John Cena of the NFL attitude wise.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

And this is why so many people are annoyed by him. He tries really hard to maintain a certain image.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont care if everyone outside the city of Houston gets annoyed with Watt's PR moves/image decisions...The dude goes ALL out for this city. Anyone that is willing to do so, has MY respect. This city should be thankful for Watt...its why we are even talked about nationally...

1 person likes this.