1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wearing a hat while working out or playing basketball: Why does this bother me?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, May 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I see guys working out wearing a hat...I don't get it...Yes, the hat soaks up some sweat, but then you have a nasty hat...They provide towels where I work out so what's the need for it, unless you're bald...

2. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

I'm curious... what does the OP do at the gym. I know when I'm lifting weights, I couldn't give a **** if someone else is wearing a hat. Could wear 2 for all I care

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Whoa, I never thought about wearing 2! I'm so trying that next time I go.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Backwards hats are for poor people.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Good question. It sounds like someone with too much time on their hands while at the gym.

6. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I'm about to go lift some weights now... I just put my hat on and i'm out the door to the gym...

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if you were irked by people just chatting around the weights, i could understand.

if you were irked by people not wiping their sweat off the benches, i could understand.

if you were irked by people going commando that you just happened to notice in the mirror, i could understand.

being irked by someone wearing a hat, well, that doesn't make much sense at all.

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I really hate people who sneeze while working out.

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Because wearing a hat to the front costs more?

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I wear a hat all day at work, so when I go to the gym I need to take it off? Some guys wear hats because they don't feel like messing with bedhead when they go to the gym.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Exactly.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dude, you're kidding... right? The game was meant to play OUTDOORS and during the day, when the sun was in the players' eyes. :eek: It stayed that way SINCE.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, seems like people here are more irked at the thread starter than he is about people who wear hats. I never knew how passionate hat-wearers felt about this issue.

Stop hat-wearer persecution!!!

14. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

If you are not in the military or policing agency you are gay to wear a bullet proof vest. Just means that you are a big enough ass that people want to shoot you. Not to mention the multiple layers of head coverage.

15. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I think the real question is whether wearing a hat works with the ladies.

As far as whether or not you like it... You might have always wanted to wear a hat, but the style wasn't in. Fast forward to now. At this time in your old played-out life, the opportunity to wear a hat is here, but you look so bad, you would need a helmet. Obviously helmets would not make fashion sense, so you gotta take it out on the homies trying to score.

I could be way off on this. It wouldn't be the first time.

Why don't you just walk up and nicely tap the guy on the shoulder and say, "Hey Bro. Where'd you get that fine azz cap? I was thinkin' about gettin me one. You think I should? I don't know. Someone said I was old and played-out."

You never know. He might just give you the one off his head.

If he does, consider yourself a VERY lucky man.

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Worried about fixing your hair??? Do you guys work out at Curves?

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well then you and the majority of this board has problems then. Sounds like a bunch of whining women when they don't agree with what another woman has on.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sounds like he's checking out the guys. Does he go to the club and complain about what guys wear too?

19. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I'm 26 and I either wear a hat (backwards), or more likely a bandana on my head when working out including lifting weights. I'm not going bald, and my hair is short enough to where I dont have to worry about bedhead. So why do I do it?

Because I sweat a lot. It doesnt matter if the gym is cold I get into high intensity weight training and the sweating starts. If I'm not sweating then I'm not having a good workout. I don't think I'm cool or a thug I just do it because its comfortable and more sanitary for everyone else using the bench behind me.

P.S.
    If your hat is nasty then just wash it and dry it. Thats why I perfer bandanas.

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Sometimes I like to match the hat with whatever I'm wearing. Red hat with red shirt and pants.. sometimes even red shoes. I don't quite have a red towel yet, but that'll be easily fixed. Don't even get me started with my headbands and wristbands.

There's no bad places to make a fashion statement.