1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will make playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by empiric, Dec 29, 2001.

1. empiric

empiric Member

It's my new prophecy.

You may say I'm optimist, but I'm sure we'll make playoffs (the longer time without Rice the bigger chance to make playoffs). Griffin and TMO play more minutes and it's a sign of better future for Rockets.

In my opinion Griffin should start instead of Thomas, but maybe it is a solution. I mean Rockets can (or maybe even should with regard to their skills) play with short and fast first line-up, like this:

PG - Francis
    SG - Mobley
    SF - Torres
    PF - TMO/Thomas
    C - Griffin

I'm not sure, if I can well remember, but I think in preseason against San Antonio TMO and Griffin were our biggest frontcourt weapon and maybe we should risk such a line-up.

On the one hand I'm happy, that backups play more and more minutes. On the other hand I'm still afraid of big quantity of minutes Cuttino play every night (45-48 minutes) and Francis will play every night. Like we all know it means injuries. Maybe coach has to know, that sometimes the health of our guys is more important than a win.

2. pooh222

pooh222 Member

You are a true optimist. It would be great if the Rockets made the playoffs, but it's going to take a mega run from now to the end of the season.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Rocks would have to go like 40-10 for the rest of the season to have a chance at that. Not impossible, but very very unlikely.
    Would be great though if it happened. You never know.

4. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I agree, they WILL make the playoffs, no doubt.
    There are still plenty of games left and anyhow I love the friggin Rockets!

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, Master empiric!

<font size="1">The Prophet speaks again.</font>

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Actually, Delusional was the word I was searching for.

Seriously, we are still far from being playoff contenders. There is a minute chance we make it, But we are going to have to pull of a feat similar to that of the 99 Spurs.

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I think we'll make the playoffs. The Jazz are like .500 and they are currently in 8th place, and I am almost positive we'll make the playoffs. I'm always very optimistic, but I truly think Wink will lead us to the playoffs and win the MVP award.

8. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

get real....

we wont .

9. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

If he leads us to a higher seed then he deserves MVP but we will fight it out for one of the bottom seeds. Maybe. I hope. Please.

10. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Yall seem pretty confident considering te fact that we're dead last in the Western conference and only Miami and Chicago have worse records

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yes we are and yes we will...GO ROCKETS!!

12. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure we'll make the playoffs if franchise and mobley stay healthy. We started out the season 5-1 and although we didnt play many quality teams to get that record, its still an indication of what a healthy rockets team can do. Add that to the fact that we jumped out to that quick start without the emergence of griffin and torres, it isn't hard to imagine that we can achieve a similar record in the future now that they have been acclimated to the nba. also, was of right now we only have 21 losses. Last year the twolves were the 8th seed in the west and they had only 33 losses. That is extraordinarliy high for an 8th seed, as of right now utah is right at 500 and is making the playoffs with the 8th seed. If we assume that a team right at 500 can make the playoffs this year, that is assuming the current trend continues, a team with 41 losses will be able to make the playoffs. So that means the rockets can go 32-20 for the rest of the year and still make the playoffs. that boils down to make 3 out of every 5 games, basically winning 60% of the rest of their games. Impossible? Hell no. Improbable? nahhhhhh. Likely? yesssssssss.
    :D

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

We won't be making the playoffs with TMo starting over Kenny Thomas. I don't have to be a prophet to know that.

If TMo learned to shoot, then maybe yes, this could happen. However, the chances of us making the playoffs, regardless who starts, are remote.

It's like someone else said, we would have to have a huge run to make it, and I think that this team is still too young to reel off a 10 game plus winning streak.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Allah's will the Rockets will make the playoffs :)

15. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I was Optimistic...

when Optimism wasn't cool... :D

16. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Going 32-20 over the next 50 games is not a "huge run."

17. Dm324

Dm324 Member

I dont wasnt us to make the playoffs this year so we can be in the lottery, and maybe with some luck, well some how end up witha real center in Yao ming

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Dude, that's a great idea! In fact let's not EVER make the playoffs, that way we can stock up on 12 #1 studs and be the most talented team in the lottery!:rolleyes:

Not making the playoffs sucks. Plain and simple.