1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will make it far in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angelc11, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Angelc11

Angelc11 Member

I think people are putting too much attention on a third star when he have plenty of talent on our team compared to other teams. look at your young guys, like troy, nick, robert, isaiah, and sonatas. even james is still pretty young, and with all that combine talent, and better defense we can make it to the final. parson out but he have troy and his 3 point shot, ariza puts pretty much the same numbers as parsons anyway. so i think we can make it to the final with our talent. what do y'all think?

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree.

Lin sucked. Parsons was overrated and I was not a big Asik Fan, but he did bring defense.

I think this team can be better than last year because I think we'll get better PG play from Bev and Canaan and Tjones and Dmo should be better. I think Dorsey is going to be an adequate fill in as well and I actually like Ariza more than I like Parsons.

Another year for Harden and Howard Combo. No more Casspi and Hopefully No more Garcia.

Honestly my biggest concern is McHale. He's not a good coach and IMO he's our biggest hurdle.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe nah.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Damage control thread

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Denial...

I sure hope Morey isn't done with his moves this offseason.

6. fattz

fattz Member

it is still to early...

I hope there are more moves to be made.

7. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

No another first round exit. Bench is a lot weaker and only one playmaker left in Harden. McFail still the head coach.

8. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

The Finals??????? Lock this thread.

9. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Still has the means to make more moves to improve the roster

10. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Patience, people. Remember 2 seasons ago...offseason was done with, preseason was wrapping up the season was about to start and we were looking at an subpar lineup until the bearded one fell into Moreys lap...DM is not done, he is never done..

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Change isn't always better, but it feels like we need to change something right now. SA staying put with their guys is not the same with us staying put with our guys.

I will say that, aside from Dallas, most of the other playoff teams in the west have been pretty stagnant this offseason, in terms of splash signings. POR and GS haven't done anything, Granger left Lob City, PHX (close to a playoff team) is far apart from Bledsoe.

People just want change because moving laterally (Parsons for Ariza, etc) won't change the outlook for next season, while moving backwards (ridding ourselves of Lin, Asik) isn't good either.

Morey isn't done, as other posters have said. We'll just have to see what he does.

12. Angelc11

Angelc11 Member

shhhhh

13. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I like how people keep on saying "we were one Damien Lillard shot" away from the second round. NO WE WEREN'T! We lost to Portland in SIX GAMES!! If we had gone to seven games, then yea, I'd tip the scale in our favor this year. But Portland was clearly the better team.

I'd change the thread title to "We will make it into the playoffs"

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Finals? Don't talk about Finals? Finals? You kidding me??? I just hope we can win a series!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U7fjDS0jKiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Super fan thread

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what kind of kool aid do people sip around here?

17. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Right now as the roster stands I see us as a 6th seed in the west. Our starting five is relatively unchanged but our bench has gotten much worse

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I doubt it not because of the roster but because we have a clueless, incompetent, joke of a head coach probably the worst in the NBA right now in Kevin McHale.

Roster will pretty much be the same and with young players improving, it could get better.

What will also remain the same is the pathetic embarassment to the Rockets that is Kevin McHale, the most inept coach in the league.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I guess, I'm not understanding why people are saying we got worst.

20. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The replacement players we inserted for those we lost are across the board worse than we had. Ariza only has 1 year in 10 that was on par with Parsons. Ish smith or Cannan versus Lin - yeah Lin sucked but not in the same zip code as Smith, Cannan is a green rookie so we dont know what we have there. Dorsey replacing Asik as backup center is a dramatic drop. Probably about 15% of the minutes of every game we are talking about a 65% drop in production during that time. Our bench was bad last year but this year it's weakness has moved into *historic bad territory. Yes, Jones, DMo and to a lesser extent Beverly will improve over last year and one more year of Harden and Howard together will cause a slight improvement. Overall however without additional moves (which DM will probably make) we are a worse team than the previous year.