1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will know over the next 5 games if the season is over...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Dec 21, 2007.

1. 2rings

2rings Member

With the heart breaking loss, the tough schedule and T-Mac's injury, I think we will know whether or not the season is a wash-out or not over the next 5 games. If we can grab a few wins and keep things afloat, we may just be able to have a decent season. if we drop 4 of the next 5 and go 6 games under .500 I think you can kiss this season goodbye. If they would show up with the intensity they had tonight every night, the could win a few on heart alone. Very critical stretch.

2. YugoRocketsFan

Yeah Id rather just tank, and get Michael Beasley, I am tired of this team.

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

^I'm starting to feel the same way, but I think if you get this team to the playoffs, something great will finally happen in Houston.

The only thing that can motivate guys like Bonzi, T-Mac, James, and Francis is the playoffs.

Head will kill this year if we make it to the playoffs.

4. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

be rational man, TANKING is the last resort and it's not guaranteed. our aim should still be getting into the postseason and pass the 1st round. Yes you may get good players in next year but you never know, rookie like LBJ? you can refer to K.Durant this year and he is just bricking. Never bet your future on an unknown kid without NBA experience unless you are REBUILDING. ;)

5. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

count me in.

6. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Tanking never pays off exept for San Antonio
    There are no garantees that we can get Rose, Beasley, or Mayo if we tank this season. Tanking also demoralizes your players.
    The best players will find its way to the competing team. (Blazers, SuperSonics)

7. docgundy

docgundy Member

Can someone please tell me why Mike James was smiling after Carter hit the game-winning shot?

Look at the replay. James was happy when Carter hit that. It's like he was rooting for the other team.

I don't care about him joking around with Atkins after the game; they're buds and they go way back. They came into the league together and they've had their ups and downs.

But the guy was seriously smiling and laughing after Carter hit the game-winning shot, while Yao was shown about to cry.

8. yaorta

yaorta Member

see this season's over or not, just see whether tracy's still keeping jumper shoot, it's easy

9. parmesh

parmesh Member

tanking? really? leave, ur no fan.

10. stanley'shead

stanley'shead Member

This team did much better without Tmaclady,they earned double OTs. Why
    the shooters always missed the shot when Yao got doubled even tripled??!?!?!?!!?!?!?WHY?!?!?!Why the garbage got 20millions a year to always pretend to be sick and quit?!?!Garbage.THat's it.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think our next 55 games will determine the rest of our season....

12. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Not to defend him, but it looked like it was more of a smirk than smile, kind of like, "Man, what else could possibly go wrong?" So I didn't have a problem with that as much as him missing four of five shots and a -12 efficiency in seven minutes.

I'd like to see Novak get his six, seven minutes per game just to see what he can do. At least we know Novak understands his role and will pass every now and then.

13. alaskansnowman

he was smiling before the shot and then his expression changed once the shot went in... went from a smile to a smirk.

thats how i recall it.

14. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

that's dumb....

you know the rox will ***** it up and draft sasha vulojsksjfklfjdjklfdsgkl instead.

I think one things clear after tonight. Battier needs to be OUT of the starting lineup.

15. samick

samick New Member

They're buddies!! one's happiness is another's !!

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

those of you who are talking about tanking....go find another team...are u freakin kidding me?!!!!
    27 games into the season you want to tank to get a draft pick...its losers like you who only look forward to the draft and making your stupid trade proposals on how to make this team better in the offseason...
    when it comes to actually watching the games you don't do it.., you are just looking to tank and look forward to failure so you can start talking draft....how can you even call yourselves fans....Are you serious!!!!

then worst of all..when the team turns it around, you jump on the bandwagon saying that you were behind this team all along...you make me sick....
    you know who you are.....look at your previous posts if you don't remember....

i will always believe...this team will be fine....
    go Rockets!!

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Michael Beaseley? forget him. Give me Rose or Mayo

18. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Lol. Well said.

19. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Not quite but ok,2-3 is probably knocking...

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I doubt it.