1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We want that 8th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Mar 23, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

Shock the world and give JB an extension :grin:

2. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

Ok so this is whats going to happen. All you people saying we are going to lose or we need a slightly higher lotto pick when we have a chance to get in the playoffs because we had a injury prone year. Now we are all healthy we are up with the best with our veterens (ariza, harden, bev, howard, brewer, smith, D-Mo).. the list goes on, as well as our young guys peaking right now (capela specifically which will be crucial to back up howard) FOR THE ROCKET FANS WHO WANT A LOTTERY PICK ARE YOU NOT TRUE FANS? WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS ESPECIALLY WITH THIS GOOD TEAM. ALL THESE HATERS NEED TO GO AND ARE NOT TRUE ROCKET FANS. I HOPE THE ROCKETS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP JUST TO SHUT UP ALL THE FAKE ROCKET FANS AND HOPE YOU ALL STOP ROOTING FOR THE ROCKETS. WE DON'T NEED YOU!!! and yes im marking down all the people in this thread including terrible clutchfans like . DaDakota <--- such a rocket pessimist and hater

3. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

One more game boys. If we win against the Kings we get the Warriors in the 1st round.

Here's why we want the 8th seed.

We want to get them early while we're fresh. The Spurs will struggle in the later rounds like they always do. They didn't get younger this year. They will have to battle Dallas or Memphis in the 1st then probably OKC in the semis.

Back to Golden State. In last year's playoff series, we lost by 4 in the 1st game, by 1 in the 2nd game and Harden had the the worst game of his career in the clincher. (http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2015/westseries7/)

But if we do get in and play them in the 1st round this year we will have:
    * Beverly starting instead of Terry
    * DMo starting instead of Josh Smith
    * A healthy Dwight Howard. Most of you forgot that Dwight played on one leg for the whole series after getting injured in the 1st quarter of Game 1.
    * Beasley, Josh Smith, a year older Capela, a fresh Jet Terry (who played heavy minutes last year with Beverly out) and Brewer (I think he will play a lot better in the playoffs) coming off the bench.

This will be an exciting series and we will have better group than what we had last year when we faced them.

But we have to beat the Kings first on Wednesday.

Get ready for liftoff boys!!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

"Not the same team" - Jason Terry

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Forgot to add, we can throw KJ in there at times to guard Klay or Curry.

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

Speak for yourself bra!

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and Goudelock might be our (Pastor) Troy Daniels as instant offense off the bench :):cool:

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

We were also 2nd in WC, we are now not even guarenteed 8th seed..

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I will say that, although I dont think they are worried either way, the Warriors are probably hoping to play the Jazz over us.

11. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

If Harden can rally the troops and everyone buys in, we can shock GS and make a run at the title again. Dwight will need be that player from last year's playoffs with on the court leadership and major effort!!

12. dchoye

dchoye Member

This Houston Rockets team has been a epic fail since the start of the season.
    What makes you think we have any chance against GSW?
    Why prolong the misery?
    If there was inkling of good play during the season maybe I would still care.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Or if GSW showed any kind of real weakness that our strengths (?) could exploit... but not so much.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

You can compare to last year on paper all you want, but we have all seen all year that the effort is not there defensively and we are a one man show on offense and have far less chemistry on both ends.

15. hakeemthagreat

This might actually work to our advantage. I can definitely see GS taking us lightly with us stealing some games

16. tbw914

tbw914 Member

I love the enthusiasm and hopefully we can steal one or maybe 2 games against the Warriors (assuming we beat the Kings) but let's not forget the Warriors are one of the best teams of all time. They are going to break the record for most wins in a season and are far better than they were last year. I love the rockets and maybe we can somehow put it together in the playoffs and shock the world but right now this is a team with major holes and problems that the best team in the world will expose. Again I'm obviously hoping for the best but let's not get crazy here. The Warriors are insane

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Oh brother! :(

18. Lightsnowaction

You forgot the biggest difference of them all.
    Kevin Mchale to idiot coach JBB. I mean, he might play Brewer, Smith, and Jet 15+ minutes each while Beasley snd KJ barely see the floor.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Say it loud say it proud! Go Rockets!! We can do this!

Lottery over playoffs is for losers. Besides, we aren't even playing our #1 and #2 draft picks from last year.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand Clutch and many others here that want a slightly higher pick, rather than playoff experience. We need to build a culture just as much as we need talent. It starts with doing things the right way. Play your ass off every night and let the chips fall where they may. Of course we want the playoffs for a slightly lower first round pick.