1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We want that 8th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dammit. We are going to be the 8th seed.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Oh.....and the Warriors will finish undefeated at home during the regular season and also break the regular season record.

Their first loss of the season at home will be against us in Game 1 :eek::eek::eek:

I know, I'm really reaching :confused::confused::confused:

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No we're not
    9th

4. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Warriors are varsity and rockets are freshman c team

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah it's hilarious those that can't accept the fact that we just flat out suck.
    Utah is playing better than us and have a much easier schedule. Dallas is playing harder than us and will win the game against us.

We are missing the playoffs.

6. SemisolidSnake

We want that 9th seed, so this miserable season can end. We don't need 4 additional games of getting our asses handed to us on national TV.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Speak for yourself.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

We want the Oklahoma State Cowboys per D-Mo. :p:eek:

[rquoter]Rockets focused on playoff push

The Rockets might be too close to ninth in the Western Conference to be assured a playoff spot, it is also too close to the post-season – to begin in three weeks – to not see the impact seeding could have in a first-round matchup.

Though forward Donatas Motiejunas said any likely first-round match up would be difficult, it would be best to avoid starting the playoffs in Oakland or San Antonio where the Warriors and Spurs are a combined 71-0.

A move to sixth would likely pit the Rockets against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

"First is Golden State, second is San Antonio; those teams are tough to play against, especially when they have homecourt advantage," Motiejunas said. "It (the home record) says a lot about it. It says a lot about it being tough to be seventh or eighth. Oklahoma State is a tough opponent, too, but like you saw, we can play with them. We competed with them to the last second (on Wednesday.) I think everybody would prefer to play against them.

"We're looking to every game like it's the last game of the season. For us, every game is like a playoff game. If we start losing, like losing two or three games, we would be out of the playoffs and probably not be able to come back to that sixth spot."

The Rockets begin a two-game road trip Sunday in Indianapolis in seventh place, a half-game in front of Dallas and one game behind Portland going into the Blazers' home game on Saturday against the 76ers.

"We keep trying to send the message to our guys it's about being better and getting better," Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "We got to play well. If we can play well, we can beat anybody. The guys understand how important it is now. The focus is easy. The guys are locked in. You can't look to the future or what-ifs."[/rquoter]

1 person likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Is JB speaking about some other Rockets team? Since when has focusing been easy for the Houston Rockets?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe he's talking about his middle school YMCA Rockets team? :confused:

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks for the read.

I don't know if it's smart for DMo to say or imply that he and the guys would rather play OKC. It will just give them more of a reason to slap the fire out of us.

Admittedly, OKC is the most vulnerable out of the three, but Kevin Durant and and RB are deadly.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

getting okc is imo the worst scenario. when durant sees firsthand over 4-5 games just how pathetic we are, no chance he'll even power up morey's ipad much less give us a second thought

1 person likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL :grin:

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

That's a fair point. However,I would hope that he would see an epic role for him with Dwight likely gone. And, perhaps, his strong friendship with James and the overall love for the city of Houston would allow him to overlook our potentially-horrible play.

Still, in my loyal fan heart, I see our guys showing up for the playoffs and being more invested *because* it's the playoffs. That shows the sad state of things, but I'll take a fight over getting swept. You know you can expect effort from Pat,Trev,Brew,Jet,DMo,KJ and Clint. Harden could choose to be a triple-double machine, Dwight could be "Playoff Dwight" and SuperCoolBeas has shown that he's a viable 2nd/3rd option.

I see Harden trying to prove he is "better" than our season with good numbers. Dwight's contribution will put us neck and neck, or if he plays like the last few games, we're going to struggle just to stay close.

If he's smart and wants that next contract, he'll put together some good games. That seems selfish, but again, I'd rather see my guys winning than being stomped out.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Codman, I understand that our bias as fans makes us think that Houston is the best destination for everybody. But please explain to me why you think Durant would even entertain ditching a top seeded team (he has been with his whole career) for one that has been as pathetic as the rockets this season? If you're talking about role, countless other teams can offer that. His relationship with James? Is it more than the combined relationship of Ibaka and Westbrook? Durant isn't coming here, and the rockets would make a big mistake trying to reel in the big fish and losing out---wasting even more years of Harden's prime. I said it when we were in the Bosh mess (I know hindsight is 20/20 but---) we were going to waste Dwight's prime. Imagine landing someone like Lowry during that period. And for the love of god why this team hasn't gotten competent stretch 4 or ACTUAL 3pt shooters since 2012 boggles my mind. As much as people support Morey (I want to also) , that is absolutely indefensible.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its more than that, we lose a first round pick if we make the playoffs.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Deep thoughts, by JB Bickerstaff.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think our offensive and defensive systems are so YMCA-like that it doesn't matter how hard our guys play. in fact, i would say that one of the reasons they're so listless on the court so often is because even when they play all out it's like hitting your against a wall anyways. this team has no structure, direction, or common sense. from trapping at the arc with your bigs over and over again, to going away from your hot hand so that your scrubs can jack 3's with 17secs on the shotclock and end up with yet another 1 for 6 night. these players don't believe in the gameplan (if that's what we want to call it) and are just biding time till the curtain is finally dropped down on this charade. and that goes especially for 20%effort dwight these days. the bright lights of the playoffs could up their adrenaline indeed, but stupidball will still be the buzzkill

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

This team plays dumb. It's not just about effort all the time.

Just because someone tries really hard at a stupid idea doesn't make it a better idea.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah brewer plays hard every game. So does Bev and Ariza(sometimes). That doesn't mean they will play well.

We're not reaching sixth and no 1st round opponent would have a chance at losing to us.

In a best case scenario, we play Golden State in the first round and prove to be a tough opponent and maybe steal two games (which I know is highly unlikely, maybe impossible).

But in that scenario at least we would regain some appeal for a guy like Durant after this steaming pile of s**t of a season.