1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We want Steve!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Labyrinth Blues

I don't think 89-80 is a blowout. I am being "freakin'" serious. If you were Stevie, your hearing all your fans roar your name out and you simply can't play because your not-good-enough, how will you feel. This increases the potential that Stevie will force an issue to be played or create a drama. Either way, the Rocket players are professional players and are not going to act like high schoolers, but the mind-set of players can be easily influenced, especially one who is getting so much love but without the ability to return the love to Toyota Center.

For the uptight and more serious fan, the Stevie chants would be ridiculous and ilogical and hence might be somewhat ashamed -> see the woman that called. I for one don't mind abit of fun or such because I agree with you Rockets are professionals, but I'm also glad there is no such things as "professional fans".

_ Blue

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I second that.

3. Noely1984

Noely1984 Member

“The Coach's Bull Sh*t.That's All I've Said...”

4. anon3803

anon3803 Member

As a big SF fan, I have to say I was disappointed by the chants. Hopefully, they won't continue too much. I want Steve to earn his playing time, or let it be proven that RA was wrong to leave him out of the rotation in favor of keeping Rafer in there (I'm not saying Steve should start, I just think he should at least be in the rotation).

If the chants continue and the coach eventually puts him in, I would feel a little ripped off. We got Rick Adelman for a reason didn't we? I'll criticize a coach when I think he's not doing something right, but to try and influence him to do something? Seriously, the decision is his to make. I feel like the chants will can only hurt Francis' chances of playing, or he'll be put in for the wrong reasons if he does get playing time.

5. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Yeah, guy can't earn playing time if he never get out bench. Anyway, hopefully he will get back in shape soon. I say January.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The chant was stupid.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It was ghey, but at least it showed that crowd was alive, even though there was the usual empty seats in the lower bowl...

8. Coca Cola Scola

What was Steve's reaction to the chants? They didn't show it on tv....it was like Bill and Clyde were pretending it wasn't happening.

9. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Bl**dy right! I hope the home crowd don't make a habit of this doing it every single home game so long SF is on the bench. :mad:

Rick Adelman IS our coach, and we are stuck with with him and his decisions.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Real stupid.

Why wasnt the chant done in the 1st quarter? They only want Steve to play in garbage time?

Kind of insulting to Steve.

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i'm just glad Adelman isn't giving in to what the "fans" want. You guys can think and hope that Rafer will be replaced by Francis all you want, but Adelman knows what's best for this team. I SEVERELY doubt that Adelman would replace our best player at running an offense for arguably the worst player at running an offense. If you ask me, barring any major injuries, the rotation will stay exactly how it is, and Francis will ride the pine till he gets traded.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I don't know what his reaction to the chants were, but I remember when Tmac and Yao were making big shots down the stretch they showed the bench. You could see Scola, Dikembe, and all of the Rockets getting up celebrating while one Rocket was sitting pouting on the bench.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The only shot I saw of SF was when a timeout was called. All of the other bench players got up on their feet and greeted those who were in the game. SF just stayed in his seat away from the huddle. I hope he didn't do that the entire game.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Pouting? really?? You noticed all that from a few second shots of the bench? Wow, looks like we have another Clutchfans Psychologist on board. I find it hilarious that people think they can read Steve through a TV screen. Ok so what about last game? Steve was looking in amazement like the rest of us at T-Mac performance. Was he pouting too when he was enjoying T-Mac's performance as much as everyone who watched? They showed shots of the bench, dude didn't look like he was pouting at all. Yall need to stop over analyzing, exaggerating and taking things out of proportions. I swear, most of the posters on here have female tendencies, and there aren't that many actual females on here anyways. But it gets made up in other ways.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i think if he wouldve came in, it wouldve been during the freethrows we shot. he'd get a better ovation

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Rick better start respecting the fans' authority or I'll come over there and b****slap his ass! Respect our authoratai! Screw you guys...going home."

- Cartman

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Man......SF3 needs some love from the fans......and works his @r$e off to get back into competitive shape and form.

He will have our support.....as well as from his family.

Photos of him with a fan of his, his wife and daughter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i think its disrespectful for fans to be chanting for someone not in the rotation when we're winning. that should be the one objective in this game, TO WIN. as long as we're WINNING, why are people complaining? i think some fans here would want to see Francis even it it makes us lose games.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

sometimes i think you rather have francis to not to play than the rockets win. :p

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Pretty soon...Steve will be relegated to picking up the balls and putting them in the ball rack. He needs to make himself useful. Gatorade, anyone? lol