1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We want Steve!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Dude, I heard that lady too.

I also like the part when they played gary glitter's rock n roll part 2, and instead of saying HEY!, we said STEVE!

that was pretty slick.

I'm glad it came off on pretty loud on tv.

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

the lady on SR610 was stupid, she was dissing houston fans and 'didnt get it.' i understand the love, but I think throwing steve in there for the last few minutes would have been an insult to him, regardless of the chants. i think the end of the first would have been more appropriate and less embarrassing... his time will come, Im just happy to see the love for him. no doubt hes mad tho, he even brushed all of us off at the tunnel for autographs before the game

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

that was fun times, it started in the East side of the building, lower section, then when the Clutchfans section heard it, we went ballistic. A few of us said "NOVAK" after Steve, which was pretty hilarious. Would've been awesome, but it is what it is.

I heard that stupid lady also on 610, "blah blah why should we let him in? blah blah blah, I am a season ticket holder blah blah blah I am ashamed of our fans, blah blah blah"

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

it should be done every home game :D

5. allforone

allforone Member

:( I didn't feel any better reading this.....Has sf3 became some we-dont-really-need guy?

Gook luck ,steve. Show us what r u made of

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Rick addressed this in the post game. Basicly as expected he said the rotation is what it is and fan chants don't have anything to do with what that rotation will be.

The other thing he mentioned was that he wanted the players who were getting burnt by the Brandon Roy pick and roll to get in game practice working on defending that play since they had a comfortable lead. He said if the game was closer he would have made adjustments or substitutions, but allowing those particular players to work on pick and roll defense in real games was something he felt would help down the road.

7. WeWantStevie

WeWantStevie Member

i didnt hear that lady on the radio but it really saddnes me to hear people like that. hatin on stevie for no reason. you do not sign with a team to not play at all. especially someone of steves calibur. sure the past is past those 3 all star apperances are gone now, but without a doubt steve can still play. it isnt like hes some 1st or 2nd year guard trying to get burn. a player of steves callibur should not be racking up dnp coachs decision by his stat line.

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Oh yeah. I didn't know the song's name. I just refer to it as the Dr. Who Theme. That was money though.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That's an interesting statement by RA. He's still running practice drills while in an actual game. It shows how much confidence he has in this team to close it out while allowing a glaring weakness like the PnR to be remedied in an actual game.

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Rockets fans know Steve a lot better than Adelman. That sounds like a challenge to me.

11. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Good for adelman sticking to his guns and not listening to the foolish fans. That chant made me ashamed to be a rockets fan. :(

12. supertzar101

supertzar101 Member

Steve francis sux and also steve francis.and sodoes steve francis ;)

13. WeWantStevie

WeWantStevie Member

i think coach adelman should let steve play to get him in shape. in the words of a.i. we talking about practice, not a real game. i know practice gets you better and you can practice with game like situations but you know a game is a game and you cant get that same game feel in practice. francis should be playing.

14. Rover16

Rover16 Member

I do have to question the basketball knowledge of every fan involved in that chant. Doesn't make the houston fans look good.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I prefer Steve Francis over Alston, Rafer should be in the doghouse, not stevie!

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I was there chanting!!!!!!!!

17. WeWantStevie

WeWantStevie Member

i dont get why people are hating on the chant. i think the chant shows support towards the team not just stevie. yall haters are really funny, because stevie is still productive.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    im telling you thats the best sig EVER. :D

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yea, battier and tmac were getting picked off on that screen all night. roy just used that screen and got WIDE WIDE open shots a lot fo times in the 2nd half. those 2 switch times i think to learn how to defend it according to adelman then

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

a lot of our offensive sets used today were his "real" sets. that's why our O looked so stagnant. we were experimenting quite often.