1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We tried to trade Ryan Anderson for Carmelo Anthony,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Jun 30, 2017.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It would suck but I'd trade him to OKC for that one kid with a first name on the back of his jersey...the one from Cali. :)

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm no big Ryno fan and I hate that he disappeared during the playoffs, but that statement is hyperbole. Ryno is not a 12th man scrub like Wiltjer.

3. Possum

Possum Member

If you say so. He helped this team break all kinds of records which has lead to us landing Paul and being relevant again so hate all you want but we most likely don't accomplish any of that without him.

Chanmarr likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We Tried and then CRIED.

Our crap.....

#44 daywalker02, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Yeah a bit of an exaggeration but either way we see the repercussions of his trash contract now, he's the reason we can't get a 3rd star. No matter how much he stretches defenses, not worth this.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You mean Knicks owner's health.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That too lol

8. theh

theh Member

Ryan's step back is money.

9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We can sign zach Randolph and rudy gay better. Mda does not match with melo in new york. Sign other gay and zach can upgrade rockets to higher level.

#49 elmotsangtt, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The source for this is garbage. I advise anyone who clicked the link to run a virus scan right now.

11. JD88

JD88 Member

We did, apparently.

Trash with a no trade clause.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Persistence will pay off. NY is acting like they have any sort of leverage in this situation. They don't, not with his no trade clause.

If/when Melo gets dealt, I'm willing to bet it's some sort of Anderson for Melo swap.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

MDA doesn't want to coach the Cancer known as Carmelo Anthony. I don't want him here neither.

14. koby1868

koby1868 Member

You speak for MDA now? He already said they talk and there's no problems between the two of them. Melo would be a great fit, not even going to debate that with you.

I guess you'll be very disappointed when we get him. You're probably one of those guys still b****ing about CP3 flopping and disappointed in the role player we gave up.

15. hakeemthagreat

That pairing may actually backfire without a 3rd star here. Simply adding Chris Paul while trading our best defender, and most our bench is a bit much. Swinging for the fences too early can also set a franchise back

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm ok with Ryno on the roster
    I'm just not ok with him being our Starting PF
    Coming off the bench would be very nice . . .

He disappears too much to be a starter in this league

Rocket River

No Chance and Chanmarr like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

f'n deadweight

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Buying out the player means he still counts toward your cap, that's why. You only buy out a player if keeping him harms your team already or his contract is so small it wouldn't matter. Or maybe the GM is dumbass like what PJ almost did.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we're still better right now. lou williams and dekker are easily replacable via free agency. and the paul upgrade negates the loss of beverley as much as i love him. dekker may develop into a player down the line, and there's a chance we regret it , but most likely not in the next two years.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hated this signing so much the instant it was posted here a year ago. and that's when i thought he would at least play a bit scrappy and get some rebounds and loose balls. on the contrary, he was more useless than imaginable these past playoffs. and now we're stuck with this eunuch 3 more years smh

J.R. likes this.