1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WE TOLD YOU SO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 15, 2019.

1. thekad

thekad Member

Look at how this team has been run so far this season, how far Morey had to stretch to get under the tax in one of the best seasons a player has ever had.

Tilman is cheap. Get used to it.

2. Chamillionaire

We always say this but how many guys did we sign and trade away because they sucked until we got lucky with House. He started for us and played very well. I think we should have signed him, but I also get Tillman wanting to avoid the repeaters tax. I hope we sign him next ueye but I don't think we will.

snowconeman22 and MiddleMan like this.
  3. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

shut up why dont you.......THE HOUSE MAN IS BACK!!!!!

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A journalist and a reporter are one and the same. (I have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from The University of Texas at Austin, for the record).

Also, yes, Nahmad has a source, but you have to consider who it could be. He’s not based in Houston, nor is he covering a wide range of NBA issues on a national level. He’s a Miami Heat fan that also happens to be an NBA Salary Cap nerd and launched his own website devoted to the topic. Think about it this way: whose interest does it serve to announce on social media that House Jr. turned down a three-year, fully-guaranteed contract from the Rockets. It doesn’t benefit House Jr. in the realm of public perception, but it benefits the Rockets. It gives the impression that the organization made House Jr. a fair offer, and he is being the unreasonable one.

Now, I’ll admit Raymond Brothers, House Jr’s. agent, was quoted on Twitter saying that the offer was fully guaranteed, which muddies the waters quite a bit.

#84 DVauthrin, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Chamillionaire and clos4life like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's being argued about here, as I'm just stepping into it, but this seems like complete confirmation bias in action.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...Explaining-the-Danuel-House-move-13551952.php

Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle:
    My biggest beef with the House cheerleaders here is that they tend to be extremely selective about their information, including the fact that House put up identical numbers with the Suns as he has with the Rockets, and received no interest from teams during the following offseason.

He is also undrafted and has made less than $1M in his career so far, so turning down $4.2M is a significant gamble, and though I understand how people can agree with House that his value is higher, I don't understand how that same interpretation can turn into such venom against Morey/Tilman in this context. THAT's the point of contention.

#85 napalm06, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    clos4life, topfive and D-rock like this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Who do you think gave Feigen his information? Someone inside the Rockets front office, or someone in House Jr.’s camp? Keep in mind, Feigen is not going to do anything that will jeopardize his or the Chronicle’s access to things happening inside the Rockets’ organization. If he wants to keep getting good information from the team, he has to play ball with Fertitta, Brown, Morey, etc.

Also, House did not play nearly as well in Phoenix as he has in Houston. He’s shooting 46% overall, and 40% from three as a Rocket. He shot 43% overall and 26% from three as a Sun.

Finally, the major point of contention is the front office banished House Jr. to the G-League for two months because of the contract dispute. That’s putting business above what’s best for the team this season because there is no basketball-related argument for his demotion.

#86 DVauthrin, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

See this is the kind of person I was talking about.

D-rock likes this.
  8. 1234567

1234567 Member

All missing the point. No way this Billionaire going into repeater LT. Not happening. So there was opportunity this year and really this year only in the next 3 to go below. See Harden/CP3/Cap new contracts for reference.

So they threw away a 1st to drop contacts, got a Shrimp back hoping it is an upgrade, lost. And in order to stay under LT had to do a dirty to House.

All business. Purely not basketball reasons but NBA us still a business first. None of you us fans has skin in the game. If you say you do them you are rich, 2 Billion plus is the cost of the team.

Sure as fans you want the team to go way over LT, sign everyone and go all in every year. They did last year, got close, they may yet again somehow with rejects that turned into semi precious metals, and a 2 way player that plays well.

How many games left before PO?

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. Danuel House has completely taken over the garm. He may be more polarizing than CP3 with the fan base. Fascinating.

I’m thinking of starting a new House thread.

“Is Danuel House the next Robert Horry?” Or something like that. That should whip up the masses;).

BamBam likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

Its really sad that tilman has shown his true colors this year with the shep trade which accomplished absolutely nothing. I cant believe we gave away a 1st round pick for slashing payroll LOL. Hate on Dallas all you want but Mark cuban doesnt mind spending money. He would never do this cheap **** that Tillman has done.

MiddleMan likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

It’s amazing how when I first said this ppl like Ben Dubose and Bima got so offended and tried to convince me otherwise, at one point saying that Houston ha one of the highest payrolls in the league.... I guess they forgot that most of this team was constructed when Les was still the owner. Who has Tilman brought in since?
    Joe Johnson
    Brandon Wright
    MCW
    Carmelo Anthony
    James Ennis
    Danuel House
    Isaiah Hartestein
    Gearld Green
    Terrence Jones
    James Nunnaly
    Chris Chiozza
    Austin Rivers
    Kennth Faried
    All of these guys are either vet minimum salary worth ($1.5mill); with the exception of House or were only obtained bc they cost very little to sign.
    I’ve always quoted the great Dr. Buss who said it best when Kobe wanted a trade, “I’m not trading a 10 ct diamond for a bunch of 1 ct pieces”.
    In this case Ariza was the 10 ct while everyone else thereafter became the 1 ct piece.
    I’m aure I’ll have ppl chomping at my neck about what I wrote so moral of the story is Tilman is cheap and I know from experience.

astros123 likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Already addressed by @DVauthrin but just to confirm, if you are now citing Feigen - whose job basically exists to serve the Rockets - to confirm what Nahmad said, then you are right we are not anywhere on the same page.

No one is being selective. House has been better here than with Suns. The really really strong evidence you are ignoring is:

1) How we've played with him on the floor. When you have a lot of bad players, a mediocre one becomes valuable and effective.
    2) MDA clearly believes in this guy, trusts him with key rotation minutes.

This was a cheapskate move. They saved money, good for them. It's not on Morey, he is following instructions and got rewarded for following them better than anyone else could. It's 100% Tilman. This stench radiates from everything he touches. He knows how to make money. Knowing how to make money is not the key to winning championships, it is a sub-function of the main goal.

Danuel House has been better than Shumpert, Green and Rivers and we shelved him to save money. We paid Bobby Brown the minimum for 2 years to have lattes with James Harden. We can't pay House more than the minimum after we lost Ariza, Moute, MCW, Melo and are relying on Clark, Rivers, Shumpert? Inexcusable.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Real talk. House's last game in January was 1/14 vs Memphis. His 2-way days ran out and a contract could not be agreed to.

How many losses did the Rockets have due to House not being available? 5? BKN,NOP,OKC,MIN,LAL.

Rockets are 43-26. Could be 48-21. That would be #1 seed.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

No, but there's a ho.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Then you would want to sign a contract to the minimum!

The truth is House didn’t want a multiple year deal at the minimum. Guaranteed or not. I get it.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We have got really away from the original point. Which was: Did the Rockets fully guarante a Minimum contract? I find it highly improbable that was the reason deal didn’t get done. As House own agent said what they wanted a one year deal.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

To me it's even beyond this .

Having house means you can rest players that are playing through injury .

Houses ability to give pj a break is key . If pj is fresh and healthy he's a legitimately great player . But at his age and base althetic ability when he starts to lose steps due to not being 100 percent .... then the rockets suffer.

But the past is in the past . Hopefully we can get it together from here on out . House just adds another player to our rotation and it's up to MDA and the rest of the guys to take advantage to its fullest extent .

My expectation for this team the rest of the way is high .

We can't blame our talent . We are healthy enough at this point . We have vets and we have younger players .

Frankly , we should start blowing some teams out . We should be able to give the night off to any player that needs it . We should be able to work 10+ guys in .

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

“Who else would the Rockets have even signed besides Carmelo and MCW?!?!?!?”

J.R. likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Whenever people are like “theyre All replaceable we’ll find someone else”!””

How many players and crap did we have to go through this season? We literally cost harden the MVP (most likely to giannis)

pippendagimp and J Sizzle like this.