1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We sure did dodge a bullet with LBJ....(LeBron hype Summer 2018)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron......man.

#41 Deuce, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Richie_Rich, D-rock and heypartner like this.
  2. Mr Chuck Norris

I remember people were getting mad at Harden for not trying to recruit LeBron. Harden didn't want him here but he couldn't say it. Contrary to media narrative people don't want to play with LeBron. And the Lakers season right now shows a good reason why.

BeBreezy and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would have been fine with LBJ on the team, but it is so satisfying to beat the best. LBJ on the Rockets with Morey as GM would be like the first avengers movie. I have no doubt they would have secured AD and PG13.

LBJ with a competent GM he couldn't steamroll would be a sight to behold.

4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Well, of course I would take a championship ring over Harden's stats any day. But, I won't just take any championship title. I have to stick to my standards here. It is my opinion that the Warriors titles from 2017 and 2018 are worth less than the title they won in 2015. They added a supernova to an already stacked and very talented team, and have (nearly) steamrolled the league for those last two titles. Winning a ring with LeBron James, James Harden, and Chris Paul all on the same team would have that same flavor for me. Winning a title with the Rockets team structured the way it has been for these last 2 seasons is much more rewarding for me personally as a fan. Harden and Paul are the ultimate competitors, and I have an inkling that they feel the same way I do.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would we have seen James Harden taking his game to this new, other level, if LeBron was here? Probably not. And that is something to consider.

BeBreezy likes this.
  6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I didn’t really wanted him because of all the drama and the way he tries to dictate the organization like who to get and how to play their game. He tries to be their GM and coach, bringing all his baggage.
    Also you kinda figure he would try to handle the ball more than Harden and I felt the chemistry wouldn’t work. Plus we would have had to get rid of everyone even Capela and be left with Chris and Harden. Something like that, so no thanks.

Scary thing is we would have gotten Melo anyway and since we wouldn’t have anyone else, the rockets wouldn’t have traded Melo even if we were a hot mess. Probably Harden would have been shipped by Lebron forcing Morey or Tillman. And I’m sure Lebron would have just sign for a year or two and then leave his big mess behind in Houston and go to LA anyway.

Maybe we would have gotten DJ but I don’t know if we would have a good chemistry. Who knows but I didn’t want us to get Lebron.

CP3
    Melo
    Lebron
    DJ
    Clark??

#47 cerophilik, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    BeBreezy likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Was never going to happen. We already have a great GM.

BaselineFade and BamBam like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He could be a fantastic power forward in our system but he wouldn’t want to play that part.

10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

True and to that point if the Lakers strike out on free agency, I would check to see what the asking price is for LBJ. Jeanie Buss was thinking about trading him at the deadline over the whole Anthony Davis disaster

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember that

PURE FANS Remember

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

That team is awful. Magic Johnson did a very poor job to bring supporting players for LeBron. We knew before this season started that it would be difficult for them to reach playoffs in the west.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

LeBron started out as a player. But over time, with age and accomplishments and accumulated confidence, he became a de facto GM. It's not that he's disproportionately arrogant. It's just that he's a historically great player with an understanding of the game that surpasses nearly every player around him and most coaches and GMs. When you get to that level, it's hard not to start running your team, choosing your team, and choosing your coach, GM, etc., if you have the clout. He simply graduated.

topfive, xaos and BeBreezy like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ideally, he should have taken a massive paycut for a year or two, joined Harden and CP, checked his ego at the door, and legitimately challenged and competed for championship.

Instead, he threw in the white flag, and joined LA with the "family excuses" to ride the rest of his career in LA glamour.

He thought he could quickly form some sort of mini super team to stay relevant using his and LA's lure.

Instead he found out...

1) That no one is particularly lining up and dying to play with him. He doesn't exactly have a rep as a good teammate. It's all about Lebron.

2) The West isnt the cupcake conference that East is and there is no guaranteed playoff spot if you just coasted. West is a dogfight just to MAKE the playoffs.

3) Forget Michael Jordan whose legacy he was trying to chase. He will forever be on Kobe's shadow in LA. Lakers fans dont even rate Lebron him over Kobe, and he has given them all the ammo.

I found his behavior towards his teammate in the game he passed Jordan in scoring particularly distasteful. As did I find his over-celebration.

Guy was supposed to be contending to try to catch up Jordan. Instead he was celebrating "passing Jordan in scoring list" as some some sort of achievement that is supposed to bring him closer to Jordan's legacy.

Sad.

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

*** lebron . He didn’t want to play for the rockets anyway

Zboy, Houstunna, arubato and 2 others like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Nah MDA would find a way to play to LBJ strengths. He wouldn’t be just catch and shoot. He’d post. He’d attack from elbows and be a facilitator taking pressure off Harden.

17. rocketseagles07

Lol y’all are nuts. If lebron is here we’re winning a ring. What is happening with that clusterf*** in LA has nothing to do with what would’ve happen in h town

topfive and Houstunna like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Harden doesn't care about winning. Melo still bitter

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We’d be title favorites with him this season. A player like him is Mike D’s wet dream.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. threepointshot3

You know he is a lin fan troll. Bmelo or atam, Hardens beard or how many other alternate ids he uses is a lin fan

roslolian likes this.