1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should trade Harden while his value is high.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T.Mcgrady, Dec 29, 2014.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you aware both Beal and Wall don't belong on the same tier as James Harden? And yet both Beal and Wall would be making the same salary as Harden? Why the F woudl the Rockets trade the better player for worse players making the same amount of money?

You talk about playoffs and the offense being hot garbage but if the Wizards were playing in the West they wouldn't even get to the playoffs. If Wall and Beal were so much better than Harden how come both of them combined can't have a better record than the Rockets? If Wall and Beal were so good how come either of them can't even sniff Harden's season averages? You talk about winning with defense like it's a bad thing, well if we got either Wall or Beal you can kiss that good bye because guess what, both of them are worse defenders than James Harden.

You're one of the stupidest posters I've ever read about in the history of CF, why the F do you have starting thread privileges? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Houston288South

Terrible. 1 Star...

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Laughable it seems, for the OP wanting to trade away Harden. Especially with the reason that Harden is the main reason for the poor offense.

But the trade for Wall + Beal is not that bad of a trade as everyone is trying to put it. ( Not saying its a trade i will do, but its not that one sided ) But then, I rate Wall rather highly.

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Harden for wall lol??? How f u c k e d up were you when you created this???

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can't believe harden had a bad game...

I mean so far this season, that makes 3 bad games out of 28. Scrub needs to be cut.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not even Lebron can win on his own. Displayed now and before in Cleveland in the Lower Eastern Conference.

Harden is better than Arenas. WTH!!!!!

7. the shark

the shark Member

OP please lay off the crack pipe :eek:

8. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

The funny thing is, is he still scored 28. How many players have a bad game and still score 28 points. Heck Dwight had an awesome game and scored 24. Yes, Harden had 9 turnovers, but that's only the 2nd time in his CAREER that he's logged that many. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how ridiculous it sounds, however I'm lead to believe the OP has never watched a basketball player in his prime, nor understands how difficult it is to attain an MVP quality player. I wouldn't trade Harden for Curry. I wouldn't trade Harden for Lebron. Harden is having a better season than all three of those players, when taken into consideration of the injuries on the team.

I don't know why people have to be reminded. The team that we put on the court during that stretch for no other reason than Harden should of been under .500. Not even the Lakers will be starting Tarick Black. There is no argument that anyone can make at this point of the season that could make me re-think how good Harden has been.

1 person likes this.
  9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lmao

Worst thread of the year,right before year ends

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Interesting. I was just thinking the same about JJ Watt. I also thought the same about Hakeem in the mid 90s.

11. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

if i had my way, every player on the other team dies
    that includes the staff
    and their families
    and their neighbors
    and their pets
    oh and most importantly the other team's fans

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

cocaine is a hell of a drug.

13. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Are you smoking sir!? Last 20 games harden had, he was balling

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How does trading Harden change any of the negatives you listed? You failed to demonstrate how he is the core problem.

James Harden's doesn't get Iverson assists, he is nothing like Iverson. Iverson was not a play maker and was not as willing to distribute as Harden is.

Now Iverson took his team to the NBA Finals...I would take the NBA finals right now.

Dwight didn't make us an elite defensive team. The team sucked last season. The team is good defensively now because Harden changed his attitude and lead by example on that end. We also added stronger overall defenders yet we are still not elite. Elite is when you do it night in and night out.

It is one thing to post ideas that are out there but your b.s is just that, b.s. There is no possible way to approach what you posted and find any logic or common sense.

Now John Wall, the kid hasn't advanced very far in one of the weakest conferences in the history of the league and I can't see how Walls' game is better for us than Harden.

MVP vs. average point guard.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You make terrible points, that's why. Like listing how many teams the Rockets have played that are .500 or below. The majority of the league is .500 or below, so of course it would turn out that way. I was just SMH at your whole post. To make it worst, your username is T. McGrady.

16. hmittal

hmittal Member

These kinds of dumb threads should not even be allowed. People need to layoff the drugs and alcohol.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we need a point guard but you don't trade away a guy who is playing as well as your namesake period did in his prime. Period.

Harden is young, smart, clutch, and the complete player. His defensive has improved tremendously and he is on his way to a generational type player. John Wall - there is no guarantee he will learn to shoot.

You don't need to trade Harden for wall. Unless you are secretly a wizards fan.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I like how he asks for someone to respond to his points and then when someone does he doesn't acknowledge it lol

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

monumental r****d....

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Welcome to era where any numbskull with a computer can spend 30 seconds on basketball reference.com and fancy themselves an armchair GM.

If your "advanced stats" are telling you harden is akin to Gilbert f'ing Arenas and needs to be traded for john wall and beal then your looking at and applying the wrong ******* numbers.

Congrats on posting what so far has been the unanimous worst thread of the year. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.