1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should trade Harden while his value is high.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T.Mcgrady, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Mprice

Mprice Member

This is why I hate going on here after losses, I see ignorant threads such as this as well as the "Why did we sign Josh Smith?" thread. I sincerely try to ignore the ignorance but this by far annoyed me. Clutch is there anyway OP can be banned because this is just watering down the forum.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You're what I call a "right" fan. You deep down root for "your" team to fail so you can be "right" and have glory and so that you can say "I told you so".

"Fans" like you always respond that they do not need to wish for failure because it will happen on its own.

You do not get rid of your best player/league MVP/scoring leader who is young, improving on d, assists, blocks, clutchness and making his team/teammates better. What an incredible steal from OKC and you want to let him go. Sorry but respectfully - you are insane.

The problem is not with JH, the problem is with the league's refusal to officiate consistently and fairly without regard to regular or postseason play coupled with the refusal to seriously crack down on flopping. This allows the league to control outcomes of games, records/seedlings/playoff match ups, length of series and even series winners especially in 4-5 matchup. This is how Yao's dominance was equalized and why Harden can struggle in some games or PO series (and why D12 goes to the bench in foul trouble when he dominates and opponents fall to the floor and are rewarded for flopping)

Every year, 29 teams fail and 1 whole conference fails - should they trade away their respective best players?

#62 Tfor3, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. rocket_phem

rocket_phem Member

THIS :grin:

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Excellent comments

5. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

6. Chamillionaire

This night be the worst thread of all time.

7. krouchchocolate

man bring out the ban hammer....lol

8. gogispade

gogispade Member

ban this user pls

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Obvious troll. Move on fellas.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lmao didnt realize how hilaruos this thread is

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why isn't there somebody to send this guy to see doctors?

12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

OP managed to get 4 pages of posts from. 1:30am-5am CST...

Well done....well done.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What seperates him from Arenas? A working brain for one.

14. dawesome

dawesome Member

Since Harden will surely be a Rocket for a while, you might want to consider following other team...

15. try

try Member

I'm having a good day, so I'll give you a serious answer.
    Our offense is pretty bad, that's right. Your solution is to trade Harden. That's definitely not the solution. Definitely not.
    Look at these nice On-/Off-Court Stats. What do you notice? Yes, with Harden in the game, our offense equals the eighth best in the league. When Harden is out – our OffRtg plummets to an absolutely abysmal 88.5 (none of the other players' Off-Court OffRtg is remotely close to that, so it really is because of Harden). That number is way worse than the 76ers and would put us dead last in the whole NBA by a wide margin. Our offense dies when Harden is on the bench.
    So – do you still want to tell me that it's Harden's fault that our offense is in the bottom half of the league?

Yeah, why would you want the league's leading scorer as your primary scoring option? So John Wall is a Kobe or a Jordan? Oh, of course it's Bradley Beal? :confused:

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Lin, Lin, Lin, Lin, Lin in no particular order

1 person likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If anything you can trade the coach. The team just didn't play smart enough. Too many turnovers, missed free throws and ad shots. Plus the spurs were allowed to get away with doing physical things on the court that we weren't allowed to get away with. All in all it was a close game that we lost.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Let's trade for lin?...

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We'd benefit more from trading for a Reggie Jackson or a Jamal Crawford than benefit from trading Harden for anybody.

Taking out Harden is a net negative.

20. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

In my opinion, Harden is a special kind of player in which you just don't trade. Houston loves Harden, no trades please! :cool: