1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should root for the Warriors!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

I'd like to REPEAT: Warriors will beat Mavs in 5, i.e. 4-1.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I am starting to rethink my position. I think I'd still rather have the Lakers and Kobe in #8, but the Warriors don't look too bad. I don't see them winning a series, but they can give people fits.

3. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

NOK beat Clippers!!!! yeahhhh that means that the Warriors(the answer best matchup for the faqricks) are officially in the 8th spot for now!!!!

4. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

for now...

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Guys, the Warriors will be lucky to get one game from the Mavs. The fantasizing in this thread must be therapeutic.

6. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

It could happen :) If the warriors players are hitting their 3's, they'll blow almost anyone out by 30 on any given night. But I suppose all the running and gunning stuff doesn't work in the playoffs. I still remember what Barkley and the suns did in 93.

7. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

they could get game 4 to stop a sweep at home, then collapse game 5. thats the usual script.

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Come on guys, you know that no team in the 8th spot has a chance, AT ALL. The only thing the Warriors provide is a little bit more drama (Surrounding Don Nelson and the Mavs organization), but the series will be short.

9. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Even tho The warriors MAY not be able to beat them despite what the heads up record is between the two as of late.. i think that the Warriors could wear out the Mavs, because it would be just like playin pheonix!.. GOOO ROCKETS! LETS GET REVENGE

10. YugoRocketsFan

Is that why the Nuggets who were the 8th seed, and Sonics who were no.1 seed lost to the Nuggets? Its the NBA, anything is possible.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm hoping for a repeat of what number 8 Denver did to number 1 Seattle during the Rockets championship years. The Clippers wouldnt put up much of a fight except for maybe Brand.

12. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I meant this season. None of the 8 seed possibilities are beating the Mavs, and none of them will even make it a series, book it.

13. JamesC

JamesC Member

I understand your sentiment but after the trade for Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, the Warriors took off. I'm not saying they can beat the Mavs but they have the best chance of giving Dallas all they can handle and then some.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Dirk being the choke artist that he is, a first round matchup vs. the Warriors would be interesting indeed....

I'm not going to make any predictions, but Warriors as the 8th seed is better than the Lakers or Clippers at the 8th seed, in terms of giving Dallas trouble

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Besides our series against the Jazz...I would love to watch this series (GS vs. Dal). It'll probably be the best series...next to ours in the first round.

16. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Wow now NOK also enter playoff race - they are only 1 behind #9 Clippers, and 1.5 behind #8 Warriors. Now I'm concerned that we have to play NOK this week. Hmm...

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just think of the matchups

biedris > dampier
    al harrington < dirk
    s jackson = josh howard
    richardson >> griffin
    davis > terry

does anyone have the warriors record after the trade?

18. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Go check out any Mavs or Suns board. They are both trying to avoid the Warriors at almost any cost.

Personally, I'd rather see the Warriors play the Mavs and the Nuggets play the Suns. Tough matchups for both.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You haven't watched the Warriors play lately -- they're red hot and Don Nelson knows the Mavs weaknesses better than anyone.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Baron Davis is one of the most underrated players in the league. When he is healthy, and he is at the moment, he can single handily win a series for his team.

This guy can be a beast. In fact he outperformed Tmac in a series and got his team thru when he was playing for Hornets.

Dallas will have a hard time with Davis and Richardson.