1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should root for the Warriors!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

If GS plays Dallas, they are going to be swept by the mavs. I see at most GS wins one game. Same goes for the clippers.

2. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

BUT they have a better chance to beat the Mavs than the Clips.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

if GSW makes the playoffs, they will sweep the Mavs

But i dont think they will make it

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If the warriors actually sweep the Mavs, there's a good chance they'll sweep us too. Plus, Yao will play crappy against the warriors - worse than playing against the Mavs.

5. YugoRocketsFan

To anybody who is saying that the Warriors could beat the Rockets.

Just remember, Don Nelson was never the coach of the Rockets.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

But he knows how to defend Yao.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Can the Warriors challenge the Mavs in playoff? Definitely no, but they might win a game or two when one of their players goes wild from outside.

Will Warriors make the playoff? Unlikely, given the remaining teams they will play against, compare to the teams Clippers will face.

Can the Warriors help the Rockets? Oh, yeh! They can win the game tonight, then the Rockets can get the HCA by defeating the Jazz at the end of the season.

So, go Warriors.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

The playoffs are about matchups and the Warriors match up with the Mavs better than the Clippers do. Guys like Pietrus, Al Harrington, Steven Jackson and Jason Richardson are big and athletic enough to match up with most players the Mavs can put on the floor. All the Clippers have is Brand.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

speaking of gs, were the rockets ever interested in sj an al h? they could have probably got them with battier and juwon..

10. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Agree but Mavs in 5 if they play GSW, Mavs in 4 if they play Clippers. Though I would LOVE to see them fall on their faces a la Seattle back in the day....

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

GSW are a pretty good & fun team to watch. They remind me of us back in the Steve & Cat days...

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Personally I'd rather see the Lakers get the 8 seed. Not as far fetched as one might think, just 1 game ahead of the Clips in the loss column respectively. If Denver(vs LAL) and Clips win tonight, Lakers and Clips both have 38 losses, and the LA teams play thursday.

So I'd like to see Denver in 6, Clips in 7, and LAL in 8. The LAL can't beat the Mavs, but Kobe and Phil could steal a game or two.

I just think GS will get wiped if they make the playoffs, unless they can draw the Suns. The are really not built as a half court execution and defensive team that thrives in the playoffs. Now they could scare the Suns by running up and down with them (play more like their style) and having a good game or two. Playoff style, Avery and Dallas will slow them down, turn it into a slow execution game, and IMO Dallas would chew them up. I am also concerned the the Warriors, upon making the playoffs, will get all giddy about that and not get focused on play a good game until game 4 when they are down 3-0.

I also think if Cassell can play at all the Clips could extend the Mavs a little--moreso than the Warriors. This is a more veteran team, and one with some guys they can turn to in half court affairs. Without Sam I suppose the Warriors are more threatening to the Mavs, but not by a whole lot.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

14. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Warriors... come out to play!

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

The Warriors did their part beating the Jazz tonight.

16. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

Warriors have won last 5 of 6 against the mavs and they will probably win the one game remaining against the mavs this season as well. It would be a lot more interesting to see the Warriors challenge the mavs than to see the clips getting swept faster than orlando in 95.

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Don Nelson doesn't know how to coach defense at all. He was just lucky that McGrady was out and he could put a permanent double team on Yao.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fixed it for you !

:D

DD

19. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

u musta not seen their games earlier this season

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Golden State will give Dallas a much better run than the Clips -- they will still lose, but Don Nelson will give the Mavs some fits before it's all over.