1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should root for the Warriors!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. YugoRocketsFan

The Warriors could very well destroy the Mavs in the playoffs. They always beat them, I think they have beaten the Mavs the last 4 times, and also not to mention guess who plays the Jazz tommorow, at home too. The Warriors will defenitely make the playoffs, and when they do, the Mavs are ****ED.

2. Sextuple Double

Don Nelson built the Mavs, he can destroy them too.

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

The Warrios need to go into this game thinking "We lose this game, Big Yao come and kick us, ow!"

4. AXG

AXG Member

Go Warriors. Beat Utah and then beat the Mavs in the playoffs! The latter less likely to happen though.

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I would rather Mavs lose. That way they will definitelly treat Jazz more seriously.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Go Warriors !!!

7. yaominn

yaominn Member

if gs can beat dallas, they can beat us.

let's beat utha first before worry about the second round.

8. justblaze

justblaze Member

I wouldn't be so confident about that...GS is an extremely talented team, always a scary matchup. They just have an abundance of guys that can go off and take over a game from deep which is scary for an opponent. Plus, Don Nelson knows a thing or two about the Mavs haha, he pretty much built that whole damn team. Wouldn't hurt that they have the clutchest player in the series, if the games came down to the last minute, BD would stick the dagger in them.

You make think Dal would wipe the floor with GS but I can guarentee you that Avery is hopin to see the LAC in the first round. No question.

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Heck yeah man, right on the money. I'm glad someone else feels the same way just about the coachs going at it against each other. Avery's a good coach, but he's going up against his mentor. It'll be fun just to see if the grasshopper can overcome the master.

Its like when we watch JVG take on Riley, it's like a chess match. As for matchups, GSW is like a watered down version of the Suns. Their up-tempo no defense kind of play will just tire out the Mavs.

Now I'm down for the Warriors beating the mavs and us taking out the jazz to meet up in the 2nd round but that really is unlikely. But for those who feel that if the warriors make it and get swept? That's absurd. I think the clips would get swept, and that the warriors will take 2-3 games, having us face a somewhat tired Mavericks squad in the 2nd.

I'm definitely rooting for the warriors and as a rockets fan you should be too. Their play is crucial in making the playoffs and hindering the lame but beatable mavs squad.

10. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Definitely want Golden State to make the playoffs and take Dallas to 6-7 games.

I am not sure I would like Golden State to beat Dallas. If the Rockets make it to the second round, I want them to have a chance to beat Dallas. I know, it incredibly reduces the chances of getting past the second round. But beating the Mavs in the playoffs would be such sweet vengeance, I think it is worth the risk.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What are you, Aquaman?

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You can live "in" the Bay and not underwater.

[​IMG]

13. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

lol good one.

I live in the bay area.

I live near the bay.

:p

14. wazzupmane?

wazzupmane? Contributing Member

Definately want GS vs the Mavs in the first round because they hold the best chance of taking a few games and making every game fun to watch. Also hope LA stays in 7th spot for great games like last year. Spurs vs nuggets, Jazz vs Rockets. Can't wait for the playoffs!!!!

15. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i agree with you that the Playoffs are a totally different beast compared to the regular season.

that being said, the Mavericks weren't exactly fuhking around thus far. Though they won't hit 70 wins, they will get pretty damn close. It's obvious that they were going all out the whole season, and, for the most part, the losses they suffered were a result of them getting BEAT.

i'm not saying that GSW would beat them in the playoffs, but i think you're downplaying how seriously Dallas took every game this year.

16. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If the Warriors make the playoffs, I could easily see the series going to 6, where as the Mav's would sweep the Clippers or Lakers(Unless Kobe goes off to the tune of 50 points a game).

If GS manages to stay close until the end, I think they're set. Davis and Richardson are pretty icy at the end of games, and Dirk... is not.

Dallas has had superior focus all year long. In the playoffs, everyone is focused, and anything can happen.

I would still predict Dallas in 6, but I still want it to happen.

17. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

The way golden state played the other day i rather play dallas

18. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

elton brand would give dirk fits

but i still rather see GS get the 8th seed.

19. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

I'm with you. SECOND. Go Warriors!!

20. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

I'd predict Warriors in 5. I BELIEVE.