1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should really be watching the other LA team too.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Mar 13, 2013.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

IF (I don't think it is that big of an if after losing today to the Grizz), the Clippers drop to the 5th seed. (11/19 remaining on the road including @Den in a few days).

Clippers getting a 1st round bounce to Denver, CP3 might be looking to move on. The Rockets can easily flip Asik/Lin for nothing to cap spaced teams considering how good they are for their contract.

Rockets could be looking @ Harden, CP3, Dwight next year.

Yea I know pipe dream, but if the chips fall correctly a Lakers team that misses the playoffs + Clippers first round bounce would create a VERY INTERESTING offseason.

2. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

CP3 has a lot of power in that organization, including getting players he wants on his squad signed.

He's not giving that up.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

CP3 has that same power ANYWHERE. No team would deny him that.

And Harden + Dwight looks a lot better than Griffin + Jordan if the best you can do is the 5th seed.

Hell Harden + Lin + Asik looks a lot better than Griffin + Jordan.

4. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

I'm pretty sure CP3 will be staying at LA. The improvement from last year was pretty good. If they were on a decline this year compared to last, I would imagine him leaving but not right now.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's a lot of money for CP3 to leave on the table, hard to see him doing that when he's already playing on a good team. I mean everyone knows Harden > Blake now, but Blake is still an all star level PF, much as I might hate him.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why would CP3 leave?

Big market and nice city to live in.

Blake Griffin is a young star that is pretty good, not many players that are better than him that he could pair up with.

They need to trade Bledsoe for a good piece but seems like he's content to be where he's at.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I do hope the Clippers end up 4th or 5th, I would like to see the Rockets end up and 6th and play Memphis as the 3.

8. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

make our team even smaller, great idea

9. LivinLikeLarry

Harden says hello.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Keep dreaming.

11. bewy

bewy Member

Nah....harden needs the ball to be effective and cp3 wouldn't want that. Ask lin.

12. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

more $$$ + LA > possibly playing on better team + HOU

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Let's just be happy with what we have. Youth at every starting position, most back-up positions and a lot of time to develop chemistry. I'm fine with Lin and Asik at the 1 and 5. Neither one has gotten this much burn so give them a season to get used to it. I guarantee they'll both get better.

Howard is NOT leaving LA. And even if he does decide to light a match to $30 million, he's not coming here. Spurs, Grizz and even LAC are on the older side. Give us 2-3 years we'll be with the Thunder and Nuggets as the dominant Western conference teams.

14. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If CP3 wanted to play with someone just like himself he'd go play with Cliff Paul

1 person likes this.
  15. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

ok.. so if Dwight Howard decided to join the Rockets this summer in free agency and was the first free agent to decide on a team, would chris paul really consider joining the rockets? i was thinking about that tonight... i actually think that he would consider

16. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I'm more intrested in Memphis getting the 3rd seed and we're finishing the regular season at 6. We have a legit chance to knock-out Memphis in first round.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

if CP3 and DH12 is here Harden will be placed as a 6th man to maximize his production while the rockets get a defensive stopper at 2 spot... same situation in OKC... I dont think harden will like that...

and if CP3, DH12 and Harden line up is good on paper but this is not NBA2k... hardens production will decrease while our perimeter defense will suck... and it will be a miracle to still have our young players (parsons, dmo, jones, trob) after the trades...

usually superstars joins other superstars after they have won a chip (wade+bron, hakeem+drexler, shaq+malone+peyton, kobe+nash+howard etc)

18. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Clippers are playing with Willie Green-Crawford-Billups at sg rotation. And their perimeter defense do not suck, if we ever got CP3 and Harden playing together it means Parsons have to return his last year form at defensive purposes.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

20. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

His defense is much better than D Mo's defense ever will be.