1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we should pursue blake griffin in 2017 free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSquirm, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I know this is an old thread, but at this point, Griffin might be more likely to leave the Clips than Hayward the Jazz.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-jazz-plaschke-20170425-story.html

"Scenario Three: Griffin and Redick leave, and the Clippers reshape the team around Paul, DeAndre Jordan and veteran acquisitions who would fit into their style the way Griffin did not. Perhaps you’ve heard of Carmelo Anthony?

This is the most likely outcome. Redick can make too much money elsewhere, so he’s probably gone. And even though Griffin has developed strong Southern California roots, he might not feel the love from a team that has been repeatedly burned by his chronic injuries. There’s also a feeling Griffin and Paul will never fit together well enough to seriously compete for a championship, while Anthony would be the pure scorer the Clippers need."

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only if Ryno moves to China!

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I used to be all in on signing Blake Griffin in FA, but this dude just can not stay healthy. I'm also starting to question his impact on the game. He seems like a guy who puts up pretty good numbers, but his numbers don't affect the game like u think they should. I don't think his game will age that well either.

Idk, I wouldn't be mad if we signed him, but he's really risky.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No thank you.

Would be another Dwight signing.

Getting a guy who's more name than substance. He can't stay healthy and when he is healthy while still good he's not elite top 10 anymore.

Harden needs another young star like Paul George or Gordon Hayward not Blake.

If none of them. Sign joe ingles for 10-12m and bring back the whole team.

Harden/Lou
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza/Ingles
    Ryno/dekker
    Capela/nene

If dekker and nene grow like they should that's a 60 win team and at worst the favorite to get to the WCF with golden state imo.

YOLO likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

I like how Ryno spreads the floor for the Rockets, even when he is not shooting well. But I have a feeling he will be out with injuries multiple times next year and after that.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here @Reeko @YaoMing#1 ...i think he would fit well here and i was ok with the idea of sign this guy but at this point i wouldn't, too much money to spend on a guy who had major problems in these last seasons, his athleticism is already going down...also, he's pretty known at this point to be some sort of no show when the games are on the line in the playoffs.

And like i said in another thread, at this point (aside Hayward, George) i'd take Boogie over him if i have to make a risky move, better rebounder, better defender, better shooter, bigger body (which is something we lack)...and at least he's healty and has still some upside (especially considering him in a winning enviroment).

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sam Derreck is my spirit animal

topfive likes this.
  8. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

You just know there will some dumb GM that will take the gamble and sign him for mega bucks. No thanks, we have enough potential injury worries already.

J Sizzle and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

TracywtFacy likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

no thanks. not an ideal fit on this team. the things he does best won't be utilized well on this team and his athleticism which he relies heavily upon, is beginning to decline. not a truly elite player that he will certainly be looking to be paid like.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

"Blake Griffin wants a max to leave the Clippers?"

[​IMG]

"You just said Blake Griffin wants a max to leave the Clippers!?"

[​IMG]

TracywtFacy likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]
    Paul Milsap is better
    and a better option

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Meh!
    no way N.O. allows him to leave without something in return
    Sign and Trades happen every year

Rocket River

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think he's a realistic target. We can't pay him as much as the Hawks can, right?

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I would be really mad if we signed him.

Unless Griffin stops all his forays into the paint and limits himself to a 3 pt shooter he won't last long in the league, his body can't take his athleticism. But then if he's just gonna stand still all day maybe Ryno is better cuz he's cheaper.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, we can't...plus he's already 32, giving him a long term deal could cause us to end up with a horrific contract on our books in a few years

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well the alternative being proposed here is Blake Griffin who is even more injury prone than Anderson.

Anderson spends all his time avoiding contact and shooting open 3s. I would be surprised if he gets major injuries that dont involve freak accidents.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Signing Blake would make our team better. He can be a 2nd option on offense for us. He is a guy u can pencil in for 20+ points every night. He's 1 of the best playmakers at his position. He's a pretty decent rebounder. He's a legit PF and still puts up all star caliber numbers.

So in that sense, I wouldn't be mad if we signed him. I wouldn't be on here screaming "fire Morey." I'm not nearly as high on him as I used to be, but I'd still rather sign him than someone like Millsap for example. My main focus is on guys like Hayward and PG tho. George is really the guy that we need to find a way to get to Houston if u ask me.

roslolian likes this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

To pencil in a guy for 20+ points every night he has to be on the court every night. Blake Griffin is often wearing a suit on the sidelines.

On top of that, he cannot spread the floor and he cannot play defense. If you want to play with Harden, you better be able to do at least one of those two things.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes trade Anderson for him.

DD

goldoil and Cashmoney like this.