1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Not Be Bashing James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, May 28, 2018.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of course we shouldn't.

But thats not what Clutchfans is.

amaru likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kobe shot below 40% in a playoff series, stop overrating that dude if Harden played with MVP Shaq or Pau Gasol/good Lamar Odom and Bynum Harden would have 5 rings by now, maybe even more since Harden wouldn't piss off Shaq.

Lebron is at worst top two GOAT. Why are you comparing him to Harden?

amaru likes this.
  3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

LeBron had all star Kyrie and love last year and won 1 game in the finals. ROX took warriors to 7. How do you expect harden or anyone to beat the Warriors. Cp3 alone couldn't get past warriors either.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

What did you guys expect?

Lebron is going to get swept by these Warriors.

Cant do much against him..... one superstar and one borderline All star vs the best squad ever wit 2 championship rings.

Give it rest. This isnt on him.

amaru likes this.
  5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Is James Harden the best player on the team? If your answer is yes, then it's on Harden. He did not raise to the occasion, he did not take it to another level, there is no excuses.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

We got Chris Paul to help carry the load for Harden. He went down and we didn’t have anyone that could step up when Harden was worn out.

If you’re upset Harden isn’t Lebron, I have bad news for you... in the history of the NBA there’s maybe 2 players (Jordan & KAJ) that could do what Lebron does. But Harden has still been a hell of a player for us and is great enough to win us a chip.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  7. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I believe in the future, Harden can't play for the whistle. He just needs to play through.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was tired, this stupid system that values only 3 pointers did that to him.

And the sportscasters are right, Harden's shots were hard

Steph and Klay's shots are easy. Legal and Illegal screens, but they are wide ass open shots in rhythm.

Harden has only made me a bigger believer in him by his effort.

The perceived selfishness is based on the system.

amaru likes this.
  9. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

All the folks hating on harden would be the same one crying if he left in free agency... then what would this team have? Smh we have been trying to get this man some help for the past 6 yrs and it ALL failed. (Dwight, lawson) finally got some legitimate help for him and we where on the cusp of making it to NBA finals. Imagine how he feels with the cp3 injury. Or Paul himself... and so called fans are pointing the finger at him. Smh like he doesn' get that enough from outside the fanbase. Mfers ridiculous. We should have gave those guys a standing ovation like Boston did their team...unbelievable..

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

And one thing that pleasantly surprised me throughout was his defense. I sincerely hope this is the level he’ll play at or beyond for the rest of his career (and hopefully less usage will help him to do this as well)

tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden at least gives me hope that we can make it to glory days again

he's not Hakeem... at all.. but that's fine with me
    Dream is one in a billion years talent

I do remember the days of superstars who can't get it done in the playoffs

plenty grateful we have Harden

amaru and Roomba like this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did you know of a way to trade harden for lebron before the series? if not, then why does it matter that lebron could do it?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Make and break.

The system also made him a PG style of combo guard that could run the PnR with Capela, dish it out to the shooters. His assist no. went up high.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i think there's a misconception that the rockets only want to iso. we really want to run clint/harden and clint/paul PnR. it's just so devastating that teams switch it and force us to go one on one, even with big men guarding harden, which is ridiculous. however, the warriors are extremely well-suited to guard it with their personnel. because they have a 73 win team plus an mvp. they guard lots of things well. we have probably the best offensive system we can have for our personnel. and it got us a 3-2 lead against a team considered unbeatable. but it almost certainly wasn't going to sustain having one of its two pillars taken away against a team this good. and even then it might have if not for historically terrible shooting from everyone.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In hindsight the Warriors gave one game away, and that was Game No. 4. We also played damn well in that game and figured them out a little bit.

If Klay Thompson had his shooting streak, and Iguodala did not injure himself that early but later, the game would have been lost. I am sure of that.

One game was all that matters that gave us the illusion that we could be better than them.

I still think they just were at 80% of last year's Warriors and we were close at 100 with CP and 70% without him.

16. rocketman4325

rocketman4325 Member

Harden did not quit. He played his heart out against 4 all stars.

touring_low, amaru and j3i like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is fking pissing me off. Harden tries his best and put the heavy ass team every single fking year on his back and the year he has the best chance to reach the final for us cp3 gets injured, we get fked by the refs at home court against the fking smug ass warriors and their fking bandwagoners. Fk p***y ass kd, and fk the shtty ass ref foster.

Harden will still be called a fking choker and flopper. It's not his fault his teammate cant shoot. Fk man. L

touring_low, amaru and j3i like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The whole Team was Double the Defense - Half the Offense!

19. Game7

Game7 Member

Was there somebody that was hot he should've been passing to? No. Those shot opportunities were missed for the most part...dude should've had so many more assists. Was there anybody else capable of doing better playing his role? No. Plain and simple.

The idea that people think that the very same team that took the "best team ever" to 7 games and we had our 2nd best (or best in some people's opinion) player out in CP3, is now simply the victim to James Harden's inferiority is absolutely ridiculous.

Some guys missed shots. That is the main reason we lost tonight. And it's not any one guy.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member