1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WE SHOULD NEVER DREAM OF TRADING LANDRY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ken, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ken

ken Rookie

I remember watching him play in collage his senior year, against Greg Oden who was the first pick than, he outshined him. Landry has the outside game,inside postup, that energy,heart,fight, never giveup mind set, he brings that electricity too the game that the great one's have..This guy is on his way to becoming top ten in the game...

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Asset is an asset. Fan's should not get attached to players. I loved Otis Thorpe but hey we got Clyde and another banner.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Great timing, nothing like posting a thread like this right smack in the middle of Landry's slump. At least let him prove he can come out of it and return to being that scoring threat he used to be

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

CRAP!

I already traded landry off of my fantasy team!

WHY didnt you tell me earlier?

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

lmao!

Anyway on the serious side, Landry should only be included in a deal if he yield us a current star with no bad contract included.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Great, you shouldnt have said it, now he is gonna get moved. Life has a funny way of working out like that.

7. RocketMania1991

Top 10 :confused:..........

Once again if the Rockets want to get talent from teams in trades etc...you must trade talent. Something it seems people forget about.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I want him to rebound better

9. ken

ken Rookie

My Point Exactly......why would you trade the best player on the team? :confused:

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I plain outright cut him, because I have big men that can rebound and score points on my team but none of them blocked shots so given his slump I cut him in favor of Robin Lopez. With Zbo, Al Hortford on my team, I had to do it to get blocks.

11. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Seems like someone hasn't gotten the idea yet... :rolleyes:

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

[​IMG]

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

To get an even better player for the team? Forget the fact that he's far far away from Top 10 (a top 10 at his position? maybe), even if he IS at this point, if we could trade him for a top 3 player, why wouldn't you do it???

That plus the all caps in thread title make this thread 1-star worthy. Sorry.

14. jason3333

jason3333 Member

dont jump overboard, landry is good but he is tradeable. u all make it sound like he is superstar that we build around, he is still a number 3 option maybe a 2nd option depending on certain matchups. i luv the guy but if u can get a guy like bosh, iggy, or noah and even amare u all would trade him in a heartbeat

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If you give a guy like LANDRY an opportunity to play over 30mins a game, his numbers and impact would be comparable to BOSH, and AMARE.

Bosh in 35 mins/game averages 24 pts, 11rebs, 1.1 blks
    Amare in 34 mins/game averages 21 pts, 8.7 rebs, 1 blk
    LANDRY in 27 mins/game averages 16 pts, 5.6 rebs, 0.9 blks.
    if he were to play over 34-35 mins/game, his avg would be 20.7 pts, 7.3 rebs, and 1.1 blks.

He definitely needs to work on rebounding but his numbers overall are very comparable. Also keep in mind that Landry is only in his 3rd year while Bosh is in his 7th year and Amare is in his 8th year. Bosh and Amare have always been starters while Landry has never started a game because of the depth at the position.

I would be more reluctant to give up LANDRY in any deal involving BOSH or AMARE because LANDRY has potential to become NOT a top 10, but definitely a top 25 player in the league if given the right amount of minutes. Why trade a good contract/good player for guy whose going to demand MAX $$??

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

STOP YELLIN!

17. plates300

plates300 Member

I like Landry and what he brings to the table, but he's gotta learn how to defend better and rebound better.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would trade him for dwayne wade if they through in a few first round picks

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

MAN FO REAL PEOPLE! STOP YELLING! YALL HURTIN MY EARS! :grin:

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

if you were Miami's GM, would you do this deal?

Landry for Wade + Future picks