1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should dominate GS these next two games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, May 9, 2019.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Wipe those panicked looks off your faces.

Do you guys realize what the Warriors will be without KD playing 40+ minutes a night? Their depth was already horrible, now without KD it'll be absolutely nonexistent. They will be forced to play guys like Jerebko and McKinnie major minutes. And/or possibly start Bogut. Both absolute nightmare scenarios for the Warriors.

Our defense is already designed to slow down/stop Steph and Klay. And now with KD out they'll be their ONLY options. Like literally.

I have full confidence in this team and their ability to win these next two games. Game 6 can't come fast enough.

YaoMing#1, Manos, BeBreezy and 16 others like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro if they start bogut, capela is going to get punked like a mouse vs a rattlesnake

but the main issue 2 straight games now is them trapping james in the 4th Q's. nobody else on the team can produce when he kicks the ball out. these f'n scrubs can't even convert easy layups smh

dachuda86, everyday eddie and bj3175 like this.
  3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

If they start Bogut, he'll get absolutely ABUSED in the PnR.

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

NOT ON THE PICK N ROLL HE WONT JAMES hARDEN WILL PUT bOGUT INTO FOUL TROUBLE

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cp3 can't even get past jerebko lol

6. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Should? Sure. Will? Eh.

This team has lacked killer instinct for a long time now. I could just as easily see a game 6 without Kawhi from 2017. I sure hope not, but it’s definitely not going to be easy. We should have taken last night’s game to suck the energy out of the team, between being down 3-2 and possibly no KD. Lost opportunity.

Y2JT, Rocketman03, Bo6 and 5 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not if they double and trap harden with bogut. beard will most times have to kick the ball out and we've seen how that worked out for us the last 2 fourth quarters

8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Kill that doom and gloom mentality man. Rockets will win this series.

YaoMing#1, Rocketman03, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

based on what? foster brothers, marc davis, and ed malloy doin work in the clutch next 2 games?

juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Based on everything I said in the OP lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well we certainly haven't left ourselves much margin for error. Should be interesting. I still think it's a coin flip. But at least our small ball lineup will be more competitive without KD's length off the court.

12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Splash Bros no longer have KD to take the focus off them or bail them out with KD ball when their Warriors ball sputters like it did when we made our comeback.

ClutchFam and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we rebound at a professional place we will win. These games are coming down to who can secure the boards.

Also don’t expect GS to shoot as bad as they did last night. Rockets need more guys to step up offensively. MDA has to give House some minutes and find the team 5-10 additional points.

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

KD was averaging 36 ppg while being the best individual defender they could throw at Harden.

Now his minutes will be replaced by Jerebko and McKinnie. Just let it sink in.

BeBreezy, dje243, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wasn’t able to watch game 5. Had my girl meet my folks, big night. Rockets fans seem snake bit by that 2017 game 6 when Kawhi was out and Harden looked concussed. I agree that it’s a huge monkey on our backs, but if we win game 6 then I believe we should be favorites in 7. The bigger the margin of victory, the stronger the odds in our favor for the epic finale. Keep the faith Rockets brethren. Hang in there.

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

It’s our series to lose if KD can’t play the rest of the series.

The next two games are career defining for Harden and CP3.

Rocketman03 likes this.
  17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This series is looking more & more like a script. They now have a reason for losing just like we had one last year after CP3 went down. Rockets in 7 ... IMHO the Rockets could’ve swept this team!! :cool:

“Oh what a wicked web we weave when we attempt to deceive”

TV Ratings....”It’s FANTASTIC!!!”

#17 BamBam, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The problem is we've been poor in every 1st quarter so far. We get better in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and then fall apart in the 4th. It's happened in pretty much every game in the series so far. That signals to me that the team as a whole isn't entirely focused for the whole game.

I've lost count of the amount of turnovers we gave away in the first quarter. Our defensive boards, especially away from home, has to be better.

19. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Be careful, Golden State has won a championship before with KD and Cousins, they actually may be more dangerous now if the ball is in stephs hands more.

I’m saying rockets in 7 but still it ain’t gonna be easy.

smp likes this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't follow, why should we dominate them? They aren't going to forget how to play basketball.

mastan and pippendagimp like this.