1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We seriously need to sign Lance Stephenson!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Jul 11, 2014.

1. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

it's time to focus on this one, get it done and match Parsons, this team need some characters anyway.:grin:

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol wut. Tried harder than anyone else on the pacers to win

yes a legit reason to worry

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

his locker room problems are what terrify me. dude was at the center of a number of team fights, and lest we forget, pacers imploded late last season. chemistry just DIED.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, Morey did trade for Ron Artest, so he's willing to take a chance on a "head case" in the right situation. And Stephenson never got himself into the level of trouble with the NBA that Artest did.

The thing is, though, that Artest was on a 1 year contract when we traded for him. So, the risk there is mitigated somewhat. Stephenson will require likely a 3 or 4 year deal.

Maybe we should give him $15M or 16M for 1 year, with a partially guaranteed 2nd year?

#164 Carl Herrera, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

chemistry issue was because of hibbert he just plain started to suck and along so did the pacers.

6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

If it came down to giving Parsons $15 million or Lance $13 million, I would rather give that money to Lance. At least he is a two way player unlike Parsons. He adds needed toughness to this team and gives us some penetration to the hoop. Don't flame me for saying this please but since we traded Lin, besides Harden who do we have that can consistently get to the cup? We need a penetrator on this team and someone that plays tough defense besides just Howard and Beverly. Thoughts?

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

why not? we need to do something before matching parsons

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like that suggestion.

9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I would not match that "ridiculous" contract. Let Cuban have him. I think that's the way the organization is starting to think as well.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets need to sign Greg Monroe and start him at power forward.

11. rurban

rurban Member

A risc, but sounds better. We really need someone like him now. We could try Nick Johnson in this role, but this looks like a even bigger risc.

12. MichaelG281713

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agreed I don't give a damn with you already have parsons AND Ariza sign lance as well and before you say I'm an idiot the Suns have huge money to three frickin PGs!

At least Parsons can play 3/4, and lance and Ariza can play 2/3. Heck your could run lineups of Harden, Stephenson, Ariza, Parsons, and Howard.

The point is add talent and depth. You can make trades later but if you don't sign another piece and match Parsons you are screwed!

14. Rocket_Man_2.0

Do we have enough money left to sign Stephenson...how much do we need 10, 12 mil/5 years? Don't let Mavs get him?!:eek:

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can't. RFA. would be late when matching parsons.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

If we get rid of Asik, we should have about 8 million left. Most probably not enough, since Indy offered more than that. If we also get rid of Parsons we should have about 11 million. That might do it.

So who do we prefer, Parsons at 15 million or Stephenson at 11? Personally Parsons. And if Morey wanted Stephenson, I guess he would've went after him before Ariza.

17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

So is Rodman and artest, maybe we can afford one? :(

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If that Asik trade doesn't go through tonight they night not be able to go after anyone else before they have to match Parsons.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets can also execute a S&T in order to give Lance the salary he wants by incorporating Asik and the Pelicans. It would involve the Pacers cooperation(may need to send them a pick), and it would allow us to pay him starting salary of $12+mil.

Although if we make that move and match Parsons, we're pretty much done for the offseason due to the apron cap. Still, I wouldn't mind this

Howard/DMo/Capella
    Jones/Parsons/Capella
    Parsons/Ariza
    Howard/Ariza/Daniels
    Stephenson/Beverley/Nick Johnson

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

If Rockets are passing on Parsons..they have to sign this guy!!:eek: