1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We seriously need to sign Lance Stephenson!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Jul 11, 2014.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd offer him 12 for three years and still match parsons. There is 96 minutes to allocate on the wings, even more if we play small ball.

We simply have to use this capspace now.

2. JD88

JD88 Member

Not without butchering their bench.

That's why they offered him what they did. He didn't like it, declined it, but nobody else has offered him.

I'm fairly certain he can be had for 9.5/10m

3. Progs

Progs Member

Yes. Much quicker feet and length to bother him.

4. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that Lance is not likely to stop a 6'11" guy shooting lights out. But there is no other player that is going to slow LA on the market. I will tell you I believe D-Mo will get better and has the size and footspeed to play with him. He just needs to learn a little more and not get called for the ticky tack stuff.

Who do you want the Rockets to get to stop LA? Gasol? Monroe? Marion? Humphries? Those are your choices as FA. Get the best talent out there and straight out the roster later. That's what happenend with Harden. we just pilled assests.

On the flip side at least Lance could keep Matthews from looking like he is all world for several possesions a game. And if Harden is in a funk then you have another threat.

5. JD88

JD88 Member

You can sign Lance now for 10m and have 8m in cap room to fill out the roster in the next two days. Then let Dallas overpay Parsons. He's not worth what he is. Stephenson is a better defender and a better slasher, and will no doubt improve.

Plus he brings some nasty to this team. We need that most of all.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

2 years with a 3rd year player option. Leaves '16 space potentially open with Howard/Parsons/Stephenson all having POs

7. ossim

ossim Member

Stephenson won't come off the bench. Part of Indiana fizzling out in the late last season was because he got really selfish with the ball after the perception of disrespect with the snub from the all-star game and bringing in Evan Turner. The other thing is that Lance dominates the ball in the same fashion Harden does. George Hill is essentially an undersized shooting guard in Indiana's offense. No way I could see McHale juggling this many egos.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Lance's talent level is worlds above anyone left in this free agency. This guy has the potential to perform better than Bosh, and comes at half the price.

This signing gives Harden more rest, leaving him more energised for the playoffs.

When Harden refuses to play defense or is in a shooting funk, Stephenson can step in with absolutely no drop in talent level, considering he is always a threat defensively.

He was guarding LeBron in the playoffs, thats how tough he is.

There are a tonne of minutes to go around, and Lance can even guard the 1, with Harden playing the 1 on offense.

This signing is too good to pass up. With other teams having their capspace eaten up by all these free agent signings, this is our golden opportunity to make a splash and go all-in before Howard leaves.

Think about this: he could potentially outperform Chris Bosh, while commanding half the price. You take that any day of the week, much more so in this current situation we are facing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

He was VERY good at getting charges called. Look at his stats on drawing charges. He was tops in per minutes played. Last season was his first season to really get any true minutes and the dude is very young. Personally I like Jones better at the moment but I think D-mo on this team without Asik is going to get some bigger minutes and we should see more improvement. He has a good enough taste of the NBA and don't forget he'll want a new contract soon.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

sure, why not? wut else we got:rolleyes::confused:

11. JD88

JD88 Member

Bev
    Harden
    Stephenson
    Jones
    Dwight

That right there gives us another 2-3m in cap space plus the MLE.

Do this ****.

12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

And match Parson, bring him off bench :)

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

LOL Sounds like a fair punishment for partying with Cuban

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

PLEASE YES. LANCE!!!!
    I'm desperate. I will take anybody.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I was actually hoping for lance to take a 44/4 million contract from us, except instead of starting he would come off the bench and we would close games with him running the point.

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

LANCEEEEEE THAAAAAAA 8TH GRADDDDDDER

17. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

18. JD88

JD88 Member

Lance is not only a 3andD guy but he's got swag.

Like I said, even at 12m per that leaves us 5m and the MLE (from the 17ish million we freed up for Bosh).

Get it done Morey.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'll take lance over parsons all day. I never wanted parsons back even if we signed bosh. Do not want.

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

Pair this dude next to Harden..nasty lineup!

Beverly
    Harden
    Stephenson
    Parsons
    Dwight

...I like it. We improve over last year.:eek: