1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We played a good game...but the calls?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Mar 11, 2014.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I didn't watch the game. I was at the rodeo but tried to keep up with the game despite the horrible connection at Reliant.

I'm pretty happy we were able to fight back, sort to speak, especially after getting down by so much. Before this hard stretch of games started, I said that even if we lost some games, I would still call this stretch a success if we played hard and relatively close games. OKC was pining for a win and it looked like we did not play our best game early on. So to get the game within 5 the last few minutes is a slight success, I feel.

But our power forwards worry me to the extreme about this team going forward to the playoffs. Jones and DMo looked like they had horrible games as they played limited minutes. They just aren't consistent and I can already see McHale having to put out small ball lineups and even the twin towers if our power forwards aren't doing anything, even if the lineups doesn't match up well against the other team. They are liabilities. Especially in the West where every other playoff team has a good to elite power forward like Duncan, Ibaka, Lee, Randolph, Dirk, LMA, Griffin and even Frye with his veteran savvy and three point stroke can be problems.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hated him on the Lakers, hated on the Jazz...and hate him now with OKC...I just hope that he gets what he deserves...

1 person likes this.
  3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I was at the game and the refs seemed fine...just no one besides Harden played well

4. TheresTheDagger

Why did we lose this game?

Durant being Durant.
    Couldn't hit a 3 to save our lives in the first half = Big deficit
    Went to a deny Durant the ball defense too late.

Next game:

Bring in the Durant slower...Garcia...earlier and more often.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm so tired of hearing about it being Bev's fault, or Lin's fault, etc. Our guards had their strong and weak moments, leaving them mostly...generally ineffective overall. They contributed to the loss, but as to blame for it? No, to me it was 3 things:

- the Howard no-sho. He played really small and tentative, and missed a LOT of point-blank shots he might normally make if he weren't rushing.
    - FTs. You can't miss 11 FTs and expect to win a game.
    - 2nd quarter was indescribably bad as a team.

Then you throw in Durant being this season's MVP, and thats a loss. Looking above, I'd say we lost by 20+ points.

Nope, 8. Completely winnable. A couple of Dwights shots go in, a few made FTs, and the game was ours.

and thats with me HATING the refs tonight. I couldn't stand the OKC superstar love, yet our guys were getting shoved, knocked away with off-arms, loose-ball fouls galore, out-of-bounds balls that should've gone to us, and Howard had his fair share of no-calls inside. We got some "eh" calls too, and that 3 WB tried was a complete flop to draw the foul on Bev...but he shouldnt have been that close in the first place. I don't think he cost us the game anymore than Lin's boneheaded 3-ball with no rebounders underneath led to an OKC basket or his in-the-lane stop and turnover did.

The game never felt like it was ours, but it easily could've been. We'll get there.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

True, as we've known.. can enhance the team at the 4 and with a better wing defender. However, we shot poorly in general, and Dwight just had another poor showing. TJones had a brief bright stint of 2 consecutive buckets, but he and DMo didn't have an ideal impact tonight.

7. wise_man

wise_man Member

No xcuse......regardless of the bad calls, we need to hit sum threes and make baskets. ...poor early shooting and lack of focus lost us dat game.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the Clippers. I think a lot of the people who worry about them now just think about the first two meetings we had against them, which when were a different and worst team. Our last meeting wasn't too bad, even if it ended in a lost. I mean, when will Collision ever shoot the way he shot to close the game out the last time?!

I do worry about CP3 but I think Bev can ease my worry a bit. Griffin worries me more because of our inconsistent power forwards though.

But I would avoid OKC like the plague. I love that there seems to be a rivalry brewing between these two teams. It's like a good movie plot. One of the gang (Harden) leaves and forms a new gang to challenge the other in epic battles. But if last year's playoffs is any indicator, Durant will get every call he wants. How many times did he pull that rip through move on us and got the free throws? He probably shot 15+ free throws against us last year. And a motivated Durant with pissed off Westbook scare me. Especially if Howard keeps struggling against them for some reason.

9. Andrew Wiggins

Bunch of White Knights in here (protecting the NBA refs because otherwise it's rigged).

I don't care what you say. It should NEVER take 80 minutes to play 24 minutes of basketball. NEVER. The first half was terrible. The first quarter was the most terribly officiated quarter I've seen all season.

All of you are blind.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

There was 1 bad call - out of bounds on okc, but they retained possession. Other than that we just sucked.

11. Andrew Wiggins

You have no idea what you are talking about. I don't have the time to dig out all of the fouls, but who knows maybe I will make a YouTube video to teach you guys what I'm talking about when I say you're blind.

So many no-calls, and other BS.

12. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I think you are on the wrong board, blazersedge.com is where people go to whine about calls and not realize our team played like **** tonight.

13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Shooting horrifically in the first half caused us to lose this game. The refs were terrible for both sides. Stop the whining.

14. Andrew Wiggins

Who said the team didn't suck tonight? We played like garbage, but so did the Thunder. Both teams shot 42% from the field.

Who is whining? The NBA is rigged. That's what I think. You're whining about the NBA not being rigged not going to change that I believe it is. UMAD?

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the refs were fine. anyone that is blaming the refs is a blatant homer.

16. Andrew Wiggins

fixed.

17. Andrew Wiggins

So according to this board I should be posting on blazeredge, I'm not a Rockets fan, I hate the Rockets, and I'm a homer.

lolz.

1 person likes this.
  18. Andrew Wiggins

Alright, I will join in.

The refs were fine. Rockets sucked. They can't beat the Clippers or the Thunder and chances are they will face at least one of them in the playoffs. I guess that means we will have to wait until next season if we expect to make it to the WCF.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

This game was not lost by the Refs. It was lost by pathetic play from almost everyone not named Harden. And in the end we were still in it. That's the good thing. The bad thing is we played pathetic in the first three quarters of back to back games.

Howard was the leader of pathetic tonight. Almost any inside play to him is a bad move. I feel like he should just pass anytime he gets the ball. Anemic shooting boneheaded plays by everyone and poor free throw shooting and sticky hands is what caused the loss.

DMo is the only one who runs the offense properly. He always sets good screens and quickly moves the ball around. I get Harden being a little sticky, But TJones, Parsons and company got to move the ball more. Harden with all his success has gotten better but Lin acts like he is a superstar out there.

There is only one player on our team that absolutely must have touches and it ain't Howard. I love Lin but too many times he doesn't pass the ball to Harden and instead tries to create on his own or pass to a lesser player.And picking up his dribble in the lane is the stupidest play. Stupid turnovers everyone is guilty of and Parsons forces the issue too much. You have to do that some but that's the time to look for Howard. Everytime you get to the rim and are double teamed then look for Howard. Easier said than done.

The bottom line is we played pathetic on a night you can't win playing pathetic. I don't know what to do with Howard. The playoffs won't get any easier and throwing into him is almost a wasted possession.

20. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

Y'all just love to make ****in excuses for this team when we lose...oh, we only lost by 5 stfu a lose is a lose