1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We played a good game...but the calls?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Mar 11, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Because we have no one to guard Blake Griffin while DeAndre can do a good job on Dwight. Paul/Harden cancel out so really the Clippers have a huge advantage with Blake.

Against OKC? I'm pretty sure they are just a better team overall.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Derek Fisher is a consummate professional. I hope he retires a Rocket.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I hope you are joking????:confused: I think I would throw up if he ever played for us.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm actually okay with the Clippers. I think we can exploit some things against them in the playoffs and the twin towers thing worked a bit too in our last contest. OKC I've always wanted to avoid.

5. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

We played a good game...I stopped reading after that.
    OP cannot be serious.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lol. The refs definitely killed what little momentum we had during our run. That play where it clearly went off OKC and they gave it back to them was ridiculous. ON TOP OF THAT, they gave OKC a extra second with only 2 seconds left on the shotclock. Wtf is that? How can officials allow a team to have an extra second? Ridiculous. That foul on Bev when WB clearly pushed off was just atrocious

7. Man

Man Contributing Member

Agree with the OP, but KD of course will get his calls, add in some more favorable calls since it's home court for OKC. Still, Harden/Asik/Dwight/Parsons were hacked a ton and didn't get any comparable calls. Phantom fouls called on Beverley as well.

Still, we missed a lot of shots as well, didn't attack enough, and Howard just really stunk it up.

8. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

We did not play well, we shot poorly in the first half, couldnt defend durant (but who can). Missed some defensive rotations to give them easy shots.

I liked the energy most of the game, playoff caliber, was nice.

9. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Nobody can defend him, when he gets touch-fouls left n right, how can you possibly play any kind of D on this guy?

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Very true, while the guy is truly an amazing talent, the officials do help him a lot.

11. hollywoodMarine

I see. But then what is it about other teams that allow them to fare much better against them that the Rockets don't have? For example, the spurs have beaten them twice so far I think (though I guess maybe chris paul was still playing through injury so maybe that is not a good assessment)

I understand that argument, but I just find it interesting that the level of performance the Rockets have against opposing teams don't always seem to be completely explained by simply how much "better" the other team is. I mean, I know some have said that the Spurs aren't as good as their record suggest (like they don't play particularly well against the top teams), but the level of disparity between them and Thunder can't be SO large that the Rockets go 4-0 vs the former, and 0-4 vs the latter.

Plus, don't we play pretty badly against Memphis? We should be a better team than them though.

So yeah, I am curious if there is something more to these match up problems than just that Rockets match up poorly against better teams :p

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

There were some questionable calls but really, the only call that was bull**** was the beverly "foul" on westbrook shooting the 3 at the end. like, come on son.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sorry but we played terrible.

OKC was in control throughout the game and it was not because of the refs.

Harden was passive most of the game. Dwight had his head up his butt. Too much one on one attempts to beat their defense.

On the other hand, Westbrook and Durant knew they could get their shot any time they wanted.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Come on, people say this about us especially with Harden.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't think Lebron gets away with half the crap Durant gets away with. Wasn't the league supposed to ban that pathetic rip through move where the offensive player initiates the contact? I see him exploit this 5 times a game.

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Nah we just lost. Fair game, KD was unstoppable. Time to play Titanfall..

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The one where they gotta extra second on the shotclock was REALLY cheap. Is that supposed to happen in a nba game?

18. Mr. Space City

i been saying durant is the most protected superstar in the league for years now.

not even lebron gets the same calls durant gets and he has a more physical game.

oh well.:eek:

19. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Thats what home court advantage is all about... I posted in the game thread, i saw atleast 3 times in the first half, they started the shot clock 3-5 seconds before we touched the ball.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah they do. Why don't I see anyone ever complain about Derozan? He's not as skilled as Harden yet draws on average only 1 less FT per game than him.