1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We owe Chris Paul another 120 million over 3 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, May 10, 2019.

1. vonbock

vonbock Member

What type of incompetent gm pays a 34 yo declining player to a supermax contract. Also, to have a big welcome to Houston party for him and having all the rockets fans come to it excited that he is going to be our saviour. The clippers are laughing their heads off right now

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Our new Ryno contract! I wonder how much he makes from the State Farm commercials. They are some of the best on TV.

GotGame15 likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

A season ago, people still worried that Lakers would sign CP3...

And now seems no team want CP3... It changes fast.

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Im sorry are we not paying capela to be a star? Are we paying gordon to get 9 points?

Was harden good enough? No, but the pecking ofder of blame doesnt start with him

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and Reeko like this.
  5. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I disagree on Capela. He can improve and get better. Chris is frusterating. He played better in game 6 but where was similar desperation throughout the series?

6. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

Someone that wants to A. dump other players and B. Fill seats with a name.

7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Harden could have gone 12/12 from 3 and finished with 50 and if we lost youd dtill blame him. You’re whole argument is just based on the fact we lost. If steph only scored 25 points instead of 33 in the second half and we won you would be saying harden played pretty good and got the win. You’re entire argument is based around the team result. Harden had 35 points, shot 40 percent from 3, and had 4 steals . He didnt shrink. Rockets got outplayed by a hot shooting warriors team. Steph 33 in the second half. Klay 19 in the first (7. 3s in the game) andre iguodola 5 3s)
    Thats why we lost.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

all i see is hypotheticals. the typical excuses. there are none in these last two games

he absolutely shrunk in the final moments. and this isn't the first time. it is what it is. he isn't that type of player. not everyone can be. the issue is can they get someone here that can be

saleem likes this.
  9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

All you see is me making sense and you going overboard and being irrational.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. its just a bunch of excuses weve come to hear for years that you seem just accustomed to. you can hang onto those for the rest of harden's career if you want to. I won't be. certainty not after what ive just witnessed once again

11. OpportunityCost

It's time for Fertitta to get advice from outside of the organization (heck, I would call up the GS owner) on how to improve the Rockets.

12. omgTHEpotential

Paul for Westbrook straight up.

Go!

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He deserves it after all the great years on the Hornets and the Clippers.

14. Omron

Omron Member

I think signing CP3 was absolutely the right move. The last 2 years have been disappointing but I'd rather have the last 2 years of hope than 2 years where you're not even expecting to compete for the championship right from the get-go. Rockets took this historic Warriors team to the brink last year and played them tough this year. A few balls or shots going our way here or there and the outcome would have been different. The Houston Rockets are this generation's Utah Jazz to Michael Jordan's Bulls. They never won a championship coz they just kept running into the historic Bulls team. Other than Lebron, you can replace CP3 with some other free agent possibilities and it still wouldn't have gotten the job done. Harden is right. It's not like they're losing to scrubs. The other team is just clearly more talented and more experienced. People think it's all about heart but it's not. You can be as hardworking or put in as many hours in the gym as you want but the inches to the goal is determined by talent not just heart and determination.

Gorilladunks likes this.
  15. andersongo

andersongo Member

Sac Kings actually have a clue now. Vlade is not picking up that phone.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I would say that Harden should be the most depressed out of all of us because he's going to have to accept his reality but... knowing Harden, he's probably happy he got paid and gets to spend that money partying every day.

If Harden still cares about winning any rings, he should be asking to be traded this summer but I know he's perfectly content with not winning.

bullman0036 likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Feels much better when I read it as:

"We owe Chris Paul 3 million over 120 years."

Try it yourself.

Ronkol likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can be happy for him, he got out of the 2nd round last year!

BamBam likes this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

Harden doesn't have that killer instinct that players like Kobe/jordan when it's clutch time. Don't feel too sorry for him.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member