1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to rebuild this team with a new coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 29, 2007.

1. rocket_zoom

rocket_zoom Member

JVG took an 8 seeded team in New York and got them to the bloody NBA finals! He also did an excellent job when Yao was out, keeping the team competitive, and getting J.Howard and Deke to play like they were in their 20s.

LOL, blame the coach? Whatever.

Rocket Zoom

2. rfila

rfila Member

I know exactly what I am talking about. It is not because of the lose, it is the way we lose and the reasons behind it. I do not know why you call me a bandwagon if you understand what I said. I do not judge a team or switch position just because of a couple of road loses. I never expected we swip Utah. On the other hand, I did think about start a thread about Tmac early today, then gave up simply because the experience I had with some people here, those can not think beyond what they see.

3. rfila

rfila Member

One sucess in The East in a long coaching career really does not say much.

On the othr hand, if he can get Jho, Deke, Tmac play at high level when Yao was out, while he can not get them play at normal level at playoff when counted most, does that say good or bad about the coach? that was actually one of my point. Not to mention about those "question players".

4. rocket_zoom

rocket_zoom Member

So, who do you want to replace him with? Why don't you tell us a better replacement for JVG that is available on the market now?

Rocket Zoom

5. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

i just can't agree more. What a dumb coach the Rockets have! :mad:

6. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

But why the coach just can't work well with a above average player like Bonzi Wells?

7. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Then you have to send Yao packing. No one will take a T-mac with a history of injury on 63M over the next three years.

8. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

No. Van Gandy just is not capable of winning a championship. He is not a bad coach, but he just can't bring a ring for us!!!!! :mad: :mad:

9. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

I'm in total agreement with the spirit of the thread...

It's not about losing...it's about HOW WE LOST that matters!!!

JVG clearly does not understand how to coach in a Western Conference Playoff series, because this is only his second WC series and he's choking badly as a coach.

Unless and until I see JVG demonstrate some modicum of originality or imagination in both his offensive and defenisive responses, then I have no more faith in HIM!!!

We can't keep sitting our key players at the same time EVERY game, and running the SAME tired old plays that JAZZ players have sniffed out, and not use anything new!!!

I was SO excited by the TMAC to YAO alley-oop pass in Game 2 because I though it signaled a new direction for our top two players, but again, it was only a momentary bit of brilliance by our two superstars, not an actual strategy from JVG.

Nothing will change until Van Grump is gone and we have a coach who values both sides of the ball.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

As much as I disagree with how JVG manages his players' PT, I don't really see any GOOD coaches that are available.

I think Rudy T is pretty much done.

LB is going for the Grizz.. good luck with that btw, I feel bad for the Grizz. LB is a quitter. He won't last.

The other day I was thinking about Stan VG.. but he would make a better assistant that a HC.

There are some others but I don't really see them fit to coach this team. I'm afraid JVG will just have to do for right now.

(btw, my head's on a blank.. is Rick Adleman coaching?)

11. enigmatic

enigmatic Member

Best thread.

I would say JVG is not the only one that deserves the blame, but he is the exact one. He lacks of vision and too easy to be predictable. He need to go even he lead to team to the 2nd round. I can't bear keep breaking shy record with a talent team.

12. Panda

Panda Member

Like I said in the regular season, God does not like short sighted and narrow sighted people.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

I'm kind of concerned how JVG got has gotten absolutely nothing out of Bonzi and Kirk Snyder.

I dunno what those guys did to get in the doghouse, but other coaches have gotten good value (especially Bonzi) from those guys.

14. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

in a lockout-shortened season, in the weak eastern conference.

15. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

But he still has time to try to be a champion.
    With JVG, it will be impossible!

16. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Yao a champion? LOL. He hasn't even gotten out of the first round. I don't think he ever will.

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

who plays the players? exactly.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The coach play's the players he has at he's disposal.

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

What the f**k? "I don't think he ever will" what the hell has gone wrong with ClutchFans? I know that after ever loss people go nuts, but this sort of thread and reactions is simply stupid. I didn't hear people telling us to trade T-Mac and blow up this team after Game 2, right? Every bloody bandwagoner is acting like this team is sinking into the lottery or something like that!

20. 99bb

99bb Member

JVG is so dumb that he prefered using JL3 for 8 mins to playing V. Span in the game. Everybody but JVG knows that JL3 is too small to play a physical game . He is too stubborn to make any adjustments. :mad: :mad: :mad: