1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to discuss Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamesdelia, Jan 13, 2017.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I definitely agree that our schedule has been brutal, but Ryan has had this problem in TC even before this season whenever he played here. So I think the only answer for him is to literally not just practice wherever the Rockets practice (when they can find practice time), but to whenever in Houston period, to get in the TC and practice his 3 point shots there, verses another practice court anywhere else. Basically, I wonder other than on game days, when does Ryno ever get to shoot 3 pointers in the TC?

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Depends on if the venue isn't configured for something else. The building is used for concerts and the like.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think this is the cause, because for instance, last game he missed his first 3-4 shots to start off each half before he could even break a sweat. seems it's more a mental thing, i mean he misses wide open 3's with nobody near him and then he makes a 28 foot shot with defenders near him

hakeem94, DreamShook and Mathloom like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bro, he's a big... He's just soft...

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's affected by the home audience. Where is everyone?

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think some of our issues will be resolved once Capela returns

7. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

A few teams that give Rockets some trouble also are teams that have a difficult defender on Harden
    one-on-one: OKC (Roberson), Hawks (Sefolosha), Grizz (Tony Allen), Spurs (D Green/Kawhi),
    Mathews of Dallas, Raptors (DeMarre Carroll), Boston (Avery Bradley/Crowder), Warriors (Klay/Iggy).
    Helps if they have that shot blocking Center or big man behind them.

D-rock likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if they're not gonna use him more on offense, then he needs to rebound more. 5rpg average is awful. at least be borderline avg.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? On offense he's 3 feet behind the 3pt line, for good reason. On defense he's guarding guys out on the perimeter more than ever before in his career. He's been a below average rebounder for 10 years. Why would this change? When we signed him to a contract, we knew what we were getting and what we were asking from him.

I can totally understand criticism of his 3pt shot, but lay off the rebounding. He's a below average rebounder who is spending less time near the rim than ever before. On top of that, we take more 3's than anyone ever in the history of the league, so you can imagine rebounds don't exactly fall consistently in certain places for us as much as other teams. Don't waste your mental energy on this. Bev is a 6'1 SG and grabbing 6 rebounds, Harden is the PG and grabbing 7 rebounds, while Capela grabs 8 in just 24 mintues. We're fine on rebounding with the starters, although I think the bench could use a bit of rebounding help.

Williamson, ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

How about you read than
    How about you read first than make a statement?
    Anderson is actually payed what a shooter in today's game would be getting paid especially at the stretch 4.

11. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

JJ Redick defends Harden about as well as anybody. He is one of the select few that never falls for Harden's fakes and keeps his hands at his sides.

Jatman20 likes this.
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I like Ryan. But personally, I prefer a stronger man.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Not strong, but RYAN IS A FIGHTER!

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Actually I think him wearing a Playstation VR during home games (showing the court as a road team) would do the trick

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wrong sport maybe? This team is fine and needs another tall post presence.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

T-Wolves and Magic also gave Harden some fits.

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes I said a "few teams" lol. I know that I would exclude some team or teams. T-Wolves did not have
    LeVine in this last game, but the length of Wiggins has given Harden problems since the day Wiggins entered
    the league. Dieng & Shabazz gaurded him some as well. Harden usually makes Rubio look bad when they
    try to go with Rubio. We all remember the time Harden made Rubio look like he was wearing skates.

I noticed the Magic played a big lineup during the game. I remember telling someone near me as I was
    watching the game, "How many SF's do they have in there?" They had Payton/Fournier/Gordon/Ibaka/....
    and Byombo. Sometimes it was Vockovich & Meeks.

Pistons: Jennings/Stanley Johnson/Caldwell-Pope/Drummond. Johnson & Marcus Morris sometimes
    play Harden hard. Markief Morris (Wash) does a better job on Harden than his bro.

When I commented on the schedule on a certain thread.....I noted that Orlando & Miami might
    give the Rockets trouble. Big centers with a SG/SF that can bother Harden with length &
    athleticism "can" give the Rockets some trouble. D-Wade use to give Harden problems.
    Not so much now.

#57 Jatman20, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

What I think is he needs to get a lot more shots. I'd like to see him put up 20 FGA a night.

hakeem94 likes this.