1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to change this losing Culture of this team. Should we fire Silas and hire Ime Udoka?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 20, 2022.

?

Should we fire Silas and hire Ime Udoka for our new coach?

1. Yes, change the culture so free agents will come to play with our young guys.

38 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No, keep Silas he is making the young players better.

18 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

PERRENIAL CONTENDER!!!?? CMON BUDDY!

and who is the MVP? harden?!! lolololololol!!!!

they WERE NOT perrenial contender...just another media hype.... after they stopped tanking they were more like perrenial pretenders ie 1s or 2nd round fodder every damn year......

if they were perrenial contenders then everybody in nba is...

they were more like utah jazz...a playoffs team perhaps hc but with no 'real' chances of winning it...and they surely proved it every year it was a ******* disappointment..just to be eliminated by miamis 2nd rounders and undreftees last year.... lose all assets and bought harden stock with all their money ...lololol good luck

they are an injury away from tanking again i think they maybe already have started the tank again...

you buying into media hype here just like buying wemby hype....

contender your being generous here not gonna read it any further

and its not a bounce away from the finals ...kawhi bounce happened in 2nd round of playoffs buddy lolololol

hard to figure out things when you delusional in the basic stuff..

you better clear your mind from the media noise...

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tanking just ruins all your assets... you get nothing by tanking except a better pick and you lose everything(including other picks cause of your players depreciation)....including 410(four hundreds and ten) 5 x 82 real basketball games

lololol only basketball hater can forego basketball games in favor of of of... of what exactly??... tanking teams have never won anything...anybody who thinks tanking increases chances or produces a championship is a ******* fool....

you can draft mvps with midteen pick and second rounders you cna go to finals with undreftees like miami...its not a rockets science..its just that rockettes are a lazy organization not interested in basketball...

AND THERES NO BEAUTY IF BEING GRANTED CHAMPIONSHIP FOR FREE...

YOU GOTTA EARN IT...you people really have no shame and moral/e..tanking is cheating

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Even the Nets with all their dysfunction didn't hire him and went with Vaughn; what makes you think we will?

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol and how do guys you know silver will allow rockets to finish the tank???

I.D.I.O.T.

are you out of your freaking mind!!?... lololol

you pro tank people are soooo naive and jumping to conclusions sooo easily....you jump over million little steps like its nothing and a foregone conclusion that if you just have best talent then its equal to rings...loloololol

hes gonna step on our collective throats the moment hed feel were onto something...

back to the lab !

the tanking theory is just a fashionable fad...cant stand a rigor of a half-decent thinker...

@Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman

aaquaa and J.R. like this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

We have to suck. It's part of the process. I just wish we played an exciting brand of basketball to watch. Being so unwatchable while losing makes it that much harder. Just hang in there and hope someone jumps into the alpha role soon because it's not on the court, the coaching staff, the front office or the ownership. Even though they suck too, at least Detroit and Orlando can look at someone and say that's the face of the future and our leader. Our guys truly do feel like AAU kids, and our coach feels like an AAU coach.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If I was Silver, I would certainly punish Rockets-type teams. Half of Rockets' salary went to non playing player (John Wall) when the large sum went role players and buy-outs (Theis,tate,Dallas rejects,..) when Dennis Schroeder type of cheap availables were not signed.

There is no team in NBA history to be the worst for 3 consecutive years and Houston pushing the limits. If this is not punished what will be?

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Silas would be the first coach in NBA history to coach a team that had the worst record three straight years.

That tells me that we would be giving Silas the longest leash for any coach in league history if we keep him next season.

And if that's the case, someone has to explain why Silas deserves the longest leash in NBa history. Does this guy have some secret untapped mind that we haven't access yet?

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I’d rather lose with nice guy Steve than win with a “toxic” guy.”

LOL Sounds like those losers on Kirby.

Give me Ime. …or anyone but Steve.
    Tankers can have nice guy Steve and go tank the next 10 years. @hakeem94

#48 J.R., Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    aaquaa, hakeem94 and Rolliepollie like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe Silver should have rewarded us with the #1 pick in at least 1 god damned season after losing Harden and Russ the way the Cavs were rewarded damn near every year for losing LeBron? The truth is why shouldn't he punish every current bad team? Orlando wins 21,22,2 ahead of us currently. Detroit 20,20,23, tied worst with us. OKC 22, 24, on trajectory to be under .500 but i expect they'll right around 28 wins end of season.

Spurs, 32,33,34, now on pace to be in Wemby sweepstakes instead of improving on year 4 of suck. Everyone called a Spurs tank for Wemby since last year and it's happening starting with the Murray trade. Where's Silver to punish them? Or will he rig it for them for Pop and the TP French connection? Here's your feel good story SA, now let me go punish Houston. Makes sense.

Another Spurs rant: their 2 top scorers are outscoring on higher efficiency our 2 top scorers and their guys were nobodies compared to Jalen and KPj. So embarrassing.

aaquaa and kubli9 like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'd rather have Adelman.

His guard driven Princeton Offense works best in this day and age.

He would bring out the best in Sengun top of the key passing. Brad Miller like.

He would insist Sengun better himself from 3 though.

aaquaa, Ancient Moabite and Caesar like this.
  11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate the rationalizations that go on here. There is a very good chance the Rockets will be bad for YEARS to come, everyone needs to accept that reality.

YOLO likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has made minor progress. TyTy is better than him.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agreed. Wish Rick was younger. He's fast approaching 80 and by the end, he seemed too tired and out of it like Jerry Sloan in Utah. JVG is only 60. He's still got the energy and coaching USA team really showed his newfound ability to adapt. Those late 60's are brutal change and usually when you see people mentally and physically losing a lot. At least that's what i've noticed in my male family members and friends fathers.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Better personell and better coaching can mitigate that possibility.

15. MystikArkitect

Lol is this a serious question? Of course. Until I hear that he did something illegal I don't really care.

16. Ancient Moabite

Replace Silas with Cassell or P Hardaway

Udoka is in nba timeout corner for his fiasco or the Nets would have signed him

If you want to stay in house replace him with one of the assistants already on staff

17. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Did other teams paid 90 millions to non-playing player for tanking?
    Did other teams bench their hottest players at the final minutes of winnable games?
    Did other teams let good back up PGs to go and bought-out Derrick Favours type of players?
    Except newly created franchises how many team drafted 7 FRP in two years? 7 first round, 7, just in two years, I don't remember.
    Why any of these 7 was not considered as ROY?
    Houston got 7 and will get another 2 next year, 9 FRP in 3 years. What other favour you are looking for? How many more talent you expect to be grinded in Rockets Mill?

aaquaa likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree, Adelman was before his time.

Elements of the Princeton Offense with elements of the Triangle Offense are being used to go far in the playoffs nowadays.

If only switch everything and lighter players were the norm back then.

Caesar likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

His son is coaching as a Assistant.

Caesar likes this.
  20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.