1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to change this losing Culture of this team. Should we fire Silas and hire Ime Udoka?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 20, 2022.

?

Should we fire Silas and hire Ime Udoka for our new coach?

1. Yes, change the culture so free agents will come to play with our young guys.

38 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No, keep Silas he is making the young players better.

18 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

People keep saying, just TANK to get the 1st pick of the draft. We had the worst record two years ago and had the worst record last year, and we received the 2nd and 3rd picks. With the worst pick in the draft, we only have a 14% chance to get the 1st pick. We cannot waste a year of losing for a 14% chance for the pick. Losing is draining this Franchise, top free agents do not want to come here. After their 4th year, Jabari and Jalen might leave this losing Franchise and go to a winning team. Do you think we should fire Salas and hire Ime Udoka who changed the Celtics culture and took them to the Championship game last year. These players need some fire lit under them and get a real point guard to help us win as well. Everybody know the controversy of Udoka affairs in Boston, but this would be a change of scenery and he is a incredible coach. What do you think?

Rolliepollie and ExTxGS like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We good.

topfive, Futron and HP3 like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No.

Finish the tank.

Wins are pointless this season.

I'll take my odds in the lottery.

Picks 1-5 give you a shot at a quality player this year so even if we don't land #1 .... its still better than ending up 8th or worse because of a couple worthless W's.

These kids play hard for Silas anyway .... Culture isn't bad. They are just wet behind the ears.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Yeah, we’re good. He’s a f*cking loser that dude. I bet if you search the bbs I’ll be the first to have recommended him as a coach and it was well before he was a HC candidate.

Unfortunately, winning games can’t stop you from being a loser off the court which is where a lot of coaching happens.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is to end the quarter today Silas called an isolation for Nix against Kuminga. Probably the worst end of quarter play I've ever seen. Like wtf was that. Nix iso??? He should been fired on the spot after that.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

You saw him call that?

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, when I'm looking for some culture, I want some of that Ime Udoka culture. lol.

topfive, apollo33, arno_ed and 2 others like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wasn't Rudy Tomjanovic a violent drunk?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We want some nasty and horny.

[​IMG]

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

I hate Silas but i will let him loose this season because Wemby looks better and better. But this is the last season i can talk myself into tolerating his goofy ass

persian hoopa likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Udoka winning on and off the court we need his mentality. Its socialy toxic but that gets you wins in sports lol

Rolliepollie likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Silas will probably get this year and next.

If he is still coaching the worst team in basketball next year I expect he'll be gone.

HP3, Dobbizzle and Corrosion like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes this is how 76ers dreamed of embiied a 7 footer with handles and 3pt and post moves and everything and hes a giant!

hows that worked for them?

their ruined the whole decade(5 years of tank plus 5 years of taking a beating from inferior teams in playoffs)....but hey at least they have had fun dreaming...

you tank addicts resemble drug addicts soo much...ill take this one last fix just tonight...

ITS CALLED ADDICTION LOSERS

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not with married women tho.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really don't think that's unreasonable ...

The talent on next years roster should be far superior to what Silas has had to work with since the day Harden walked out that door.

Now if he doesn't break .500 and make the playoffs in that scenario, he's gotta go.

Assuming they solve the ball handling issues somehow, I don't see that as an impossible ask next year.

xtruroyaltyx, HP3 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Nothing would change with this schedule we have.........and we are much better than last season, the players are growing.

HP3 and Corrosion like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

People got way too comfortable with the winning years that they can't stand a rebuild

larsv8, HP3, Corrosion and 1 other person like this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Do people seriously believe what they type?

cbass and saleem like this.
  20. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

You mean 5 years of tanking to create a perennial contender with a MVP candidate and one kawhi lucky bounce away from an Finals appearance?

I would also argue they were one black swan event away (NBA forcing the hapless Colangelo's into the franchise over Hinkie) from creating a terrifying squad:

- Trading up for Fultz over tatum
    - Trading for, and paying Tobias
    - Trading for Horford
    - Keeping Horford over Butler

None of these would have happened with Hinkie, who would have managed their assets far better.

Losing sucks. The cost for tanking is immense. But pointing to the 76ers as evidence of tanking not working makes no sense - they objectively came out better by bottoming out, and it could easily have been even better than it is now if Hinkie was allowed to finish the tank.

Wemby is a generational talent and this current team is going nowhere. The only blue chip assets the rockets have are Green, Jabari and (maybe) sengun - and neither Green nor Jabari look to be the playmaking type superstar that you typically need to contend. Bottoming out for one more year (at minimum) makes logical sense, even if it sucks.