1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Steve Francis/Mike Bibby at PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gutter, May 6, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Member

We saw Deron Williams score at will over Rafer, and Boozer score at will over Hayes, Howard, and Ming. Utah won because of Williams/Boozer having their way with the Rockets. I truely believe that if we had Francis or Bibby we would have made it to the 2nd round, even if Boozer had his way with Hayes, Howard, and Ming. Also JVG has to go. The decsion he made as a coach with 9.8 seconds left was a bad descion. We should have fouled and hoped they missed 1 or both, but to waste 8 seconds trying to get a steal just blows my mind? Who coaches like that?

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

very true, IS Bibby a free agent next year?

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Jazz not only won because of Boozer or Williams they also won because of their role players who had solid performances on offense. Unless you want Steve to start forget him coming here.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would love to see him start in place of Rafer. Maybe if we get him, or Bibby in combo with Adelman Bonzi might stay. I'd be very interested to see. What about that guy who coached the Pacers, he always seems to make the most of the cards he's dealt, hell, before the Pistons won the Championship he practically assembled that team.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

this is probably the 5th thread about bibby and francis

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

$13.5 million due next season, and $14.5 due in 2008/09.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Cant afford bibby n hasn't this already been discussed

8. arjun

arjun Member

wat if adelman can pry bibby
    assuming we can afford him
    assuming jvg retires
    assuming we get adelman
    assuming bibby wants to leave
    assuming bibby loves adelman enough to take a paycut and come here

but im fine with resurrecting francis for like the MLE or something

9. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Franchise and Bibby are just SGs pretending to be PGs.

10. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Sorta like Alston and Head huh?

11. goyao11

goyao11 Member

although SF and BIbby would be awsome on offense

they wouldn't have been able to stop deron williams on D any better than rafer or head

just wanted to point out the obvious :p

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If we can get bibby then get him. It is not a two man game in the league anymore but a 5.

13. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

I understand why everyone is talking about Franchise because he's an ex-Rocket, but he's under contract with the Knicks correct? Until the Knicks decide to buy out his contract, there's no point in talking about him.

Has there been rumors/speculations that the Knicks will indeed buy out his contract? That's really what this is all about. If the Knicks do this, I say the chance that SF comes back here is at least 90%.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Article from 2005:
    http://www.82games.com/rosenbaum3.htm
    [​IMG]

15. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Very interesting statistics. I've always felt that Francis' weakness in D was overhyped, but didn't realize he would be in the top 10.

What's also interesting is the number of Rockets or former Rockets on the 10 of each list. SF at PG (edging Baron Davis on the list), Shane Battier and Shanon Anderson at SF, Robert Horry at PF, Cato and Mutumbo at C. Personally, I wouldn't mind if we got Cato back and made him our starting PF. With SF at PG, it would be an interesting mix of new and old Rockets.

I just looked it up, Cato's on the New York bench, just like SF :rolleyes: . Maybe we could get SF if he gets bought out, and trade Head for Cato. I'm sure they would want a young guard if SF leaves.

It'd be Franchise/T-Mac/Battier/Cato/Yao. That's of course assuming that SF plays nice with T-Mac and we have a better offensive scheme that what we do now.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

assuming i get head from jessica alba

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice find. Add to that his improved three point accuracy and his history in Houston, I think you have a no brainer here.

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's not Steve's defense that bothers me. It's his complete lack of basketball IQ as a pointguard. He often seemed incapable of running a basic 2 on 1 fast break without turning the ball over or making an incredibly difficult shot attempt. I wouldn't mind him as a back up, but he has to dominate the ball to be effective so I question how he would work with TMac, and he has gone down hill in both Orlando and NY where he was playing in the weaker eastern conference on bad teams and could not consistently hold down the starter role or flourish.

Say what you want about Rafer, but our turn overs are alot less now than they were when Steve was at the point. Steve as a back up shooting guard would be fine though, taking Head's minutes for example when Tmac's on the bench.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Francis or Bibby? Hell, we'd have won if we had Mike friggin' James or Chucky friggin' Atkins. Instead we had John Lucas to back up Rafer. Not good.

20. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

We need a PG that can shoot consistantly. I don't care if it is Bibby or Francis.

Get it done Morey!!!! :mad: