1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Would love to get Rondo. He can be a head case at times but he's also the hard nosed leader that this team lacks. Harden isn't a selfish player like LOFs paint him. He'd defer to an elite PG and Rondo would get the best out of Dwight which is something we aren't doing now. I'd still like to keep Lin as a 6th man. He's played well so far. If we get Rondo's D then Beverley is redundant and not needed

1 person likes this.
  2. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Get Rondo and have him play off the ball and do spot up shooting?

3. Play07

Play07 Member

you get rondo LIN will be gone, he will not be 6th man because Rondo will not sit out in the 4th like bev does. Lin would request a trade a next

4. King1

Not at all. Harden plays off the ball. He has done it before in OKC and succeeded. We are building a championship team and I'm confident Harden would make the sacrifice to win.

5. King1

I don't get some of you guys. You're supposed to be huge Lin fans but you portray the exact opposite of his attitude. Lin is a team guy. He would never demand a trade. Would he possibly leave as a FA when his contract expires; sure, but he's not a guy who demands the spotlight or needs to be a star. He wants to win and likes his teammates. He's excelling in his role right now. Be happy and let's win games

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

No one is saying J Lin is the problem...he is doing well off the bench. But he has limitations with these starters. You need a lockdown defender next to harden, someone to guard oppossing teams best wing. J Lin is actually pretty decent at D, but limited. Also, J Lin is limited in setting people up after the initial screen in the half court. Often time he either simply dribbles the ball back out or jumps in the air which leads to a bad pass or turnover. He doesn't have the hops to take the pull up midrange, a tear drop, or make a good cross-court pass in traffic. I'm a Lin fan, but he's best off the bench. I'd like to keep him, especially now with his improved catch and shoot 3 point improvement.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I don't get why people say this, in 4th quarters it was harden who had the ball making the plays.

8. King1

Say what? He shared the ball with Westbrook and KD. He was ball dominant in the SA series and they wouldn't have won without him doing that. My point is he'll share the ball. The myth of him being selfish was started by people who have no interest in seeing the Rockets win

9. Play07

Play07 Member

I understand lin is a team player. But he has already stated that he was blindsided by the benching this year. Spoke with agent recently also on his role. He also said this summer he had fear of ever losing his starting spot last year before the training camp started this year. He is ok with the role he has now with rockets because he is the 6th man and gets the same amount of mins he did last year mins and can help this team win games.

now this is playing with bev. If you bring rondo in, a elite all star PG thats a whole different story. Rondo will get 36mins and will probably always finish games. Which means Lin will not really be a 6th man he would get about 15-20mins and will be on the bench in the 4th. 6th men like harden OKC, jack, terry, manu etc get 30+mins and usually finish games because they are most of the time better than the player that starts (bev/lin)

Lin has put in alot of work on his game, and is turning into a above average PG, no way he wants to sit on the bench and watch Harden and rondo play when he know he can be somewhere playing and using the skills he has worked so hard on improving.

& ive been a rocket fan since the 90s, lin 1st & harden 2nd are just my fav rockets players on the team as of now.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Sure, bring Rondo in, give him a year to gel with Harden. If things don't work out, have him come off the bench as a back up to Bev and tell him he's "sixth man".

Rinse and repeat.

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I know he can plays off the ball. But he doesn't want to plays off the ball.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's a good thing you know him personally. What else does he tell you?

14. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Base on your theory, how people know he's willing to play off the ball? He tells you personally?

15. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

We have two good point guards and people want to bring in a 3rd??? :confused:

What about our PF spot? We're not overflowing with talent there. Forget Rondo. Get me a legit PF.

Lin/Bev=PG > T Jones=PF

16. dragician

dragician Member

How about Jeff Green for Asik??????????????????

17. Play07

Play07 Member

18. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

The only way for Houston to trade for Rondo is to include both Asik and Lin plus fillers. I rather see J Lin playing for Boston, or even Utah Jazz more than playing for a unappreciating Fans and unutilized Coaches. This Rockets team needs chemistry more than talent, with Harden been an inefficient ball hogger with high TO, chemistry would never developed. But Fans and Coaches don't see the reality or just bow to star power. It's pathetic at its best, I certainly hope Rockets land Rondo.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Actually, we're Rockets fans. You're a Lin fan... not a Rockets fan.
    I like Lin and love how his game has evolved this year.
    That said, I'd love to see him move, as this type of commentary has been detrimental to this board and Rockets fandom.

Talent trumps chemistry, every time. See Boston Celtics winning year 1 post Big 3. See Miami Heat making Finals year one post Big 3. See Lakers winning immediately after acquiring Gasol. See Rockets winning title despite acquiring Drexler late in the year.

Jeremy Lin has a turnover % (turnovers per 100 plays) of 19.3% this year. It was 18.8% last year and 21%+ the year before. Harden is at 16.1% this year, and that's his career high. In other words, the turnover problem is one Lin suffers from more than Harden. Dwight Howard, by the way, is at 17% this year. Harden appears to have more TO's because his usage rate is higher than Lin's, or anyone else's on the team. As it should be... he's the best ball-handling player on the team by far.

The Rockets need better PG, PF and bench play. The end.
    Rondo would accomplish one of those things... though not necessarily the most important one.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

All these cries for Rondo are hilarious. There's no way Rondo would play in a non-PG centered offense. There's also no way that this team is moving the ball from Harden. Lastly, unlike Lin, Rondo would probably throw his temper at everyone for wasting his time.