1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes. Unless you believe in small sample sizes while a player is recovering from injury. If that is the case, you must be completely opposed to acquiring a player who has been injured during the entire data set you are looking at.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or you just don't want to answer the question.
    My point is you don't have to be a good shooter to start at PG for a contending team.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

By starting PG for the Rockets, i meant Beverley.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yo, the argument against Lin was that we didn't need a playmaking top calibre PG to win championships. That's why so many wanted Bev to start.

Now, we DO need one?

Hypocrisy.

5. nono

nono Member

You get Rondo, but Rondo can't shoot. But he is elite at taking care of the ball and will be able to get Howard more points and defend as well. However that means both Lin and Parsons will probably be gone. How much will Rondo be asking for ? $12-15m ? Team will be gutted and we will not necessarily be contenders.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting them both on the team.

7. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Yeah! More missed free-throws!

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not to mention the playoff and championship experience Rondo brings with him. The team could sure benefit from that.
    Man, i am getting all excited at the thought of even having a Rondo/Lin combo!!!:eek:

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no offense. if we did get rondo, how long do you think McHale would still have held his job?

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

The 4th Quarter is the problem.

The lack of offensive plays and ball movement is going to keep hurting them. All they got is Hardens one on one and Dwight can't have the ball in his hands or he will get hacked. In the 4th quarter the ball needs to be taken out of Harden's hands sometimes in order to get more flow into the game.

Any one here remember watching the good ol' days of the Hakeem? The team would often go on runs when he was out of the game because, the ball would move around better. This is no slight to Hakeem. Its always hard for a center to win games in the 4th quarter. The team would band together in the 4th quarter and win. Shooting Guard and Center is not comparable but, the same could be said now. I love Harden, he's going to be the reason we win a lot of games but, in the 4th quarter it cant just be Harden vs 5 players. The offense needs to be a little more complex and thats up to McHale.

(due to comcast i could not watch the game last night, so if the offense did flow better in the 4th, someone let me know)

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rondo is not the answer. He would be absolutely HORRIBLE on this team. No outside shot, no FT shooting ability (like we don't already have enough guys who suck at FTs), needs the offense to run through him (conflicts even more with Harden than Lin does).

He's also in the top 5 most overrated players in the NBA.

12. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

Rajon Rondo is such a terrible fit for Houston...it's not even funny. think Howard shooting a FT is hard to watch? wait until you see Rondo try to shoot a 3 pts shot. and you think the ball is "sticky" now? wait until you see Rondo. Rondo's got a terrible attitude and a big ego too. I say "helllll noo" to Rondo. Give me Lin and Beverly any day.

13. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

i forgot to mention Rondo is a TO machine too..

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Rondo can't shoot free throws.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I have concerns about Rondo because of his inability to hit open perimeter shots, and on offense he is virtually useless if he is playing off the ball.

I will say that his overall defensive ability and ability to defend SG's would be very appealing. Also he can drive to the basket.

I am not concerned about Rondo walking all over McHale. Rondo and Rivers just did not like each other and there is more to the Ray Allen situation.

It isn't going to happen though.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Not quick enough. Part of his defensive issues are being covered in Indy.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.

Mchale = Gary kubiak.

18. Apache

Apache Member

yeah lets trade lin for rondo

19. Apache

Apache Member

rondo is the best passer in the nba

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member