1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Or...the Rockets needing a guarantee he won't bolt!

2. cdain3

cdain3 Member

this....

3. Play07

Play07 Member

danny is getting some good offers from teams wanting to trade for rondo,

danny wants rondo to stay so they can build around him,

danny offers a contract puts it on the table until a certain date,

its on rondo if he wants to stay around for a rebuild with the celtics take the money danny offered

if rondo doesnt take the offer, he will be traded, danny will not let him walk in FA when he has offers on the table now that can help the team rebuild

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He did it for Dragic so why wouldn't he joker. Lowery didn't do anything wrong to lose his starting spot. Again both Lowery and Mchale didn't get along. Therefore this is mute because Lowery isn't coming back to Houston.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lowry got hurt. and dragic wasnt a scrub either.

Lin couldnt take advantage and win the starting role when bev got injured. So yeah....

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Forget Rondo. Give me Lowry.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take neither and like it.

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Lowry got hurt and Dragic was playing amazing basketball and still is. I think I'd rather have Dragic over Lowry if I could choose but there is no way I'd take Beverly over Lowry. Point being, McHale isn't going to bench Lowry for a player that is clearly worse than him.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He bout dragic? Lemme me know which one you'll take. Ok bra

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'd take Dragic, but I don't think he's available.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why do you want a player back that stated it was either him or the coach? Lowry burned his bridge here. Even if McHale is fired or steps down, I still don't see him coming back. Don't get me wrong, I love Lowry and his fire and skills and if he wants back and is willing to make amends with the coaching staff and FO, I am all for it. I just don't see that as ever happening.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because he was right.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH. let him rot in Toronto, the Rockets don't need him and I doubt a team is going to go anywhere with a petulant child like that on the roster.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Idk if I'd use the word ROT to describe Lowry's play in Toronto at the moment. Since becoming the #1 guy with the departure of Gay, Lowry has been playing at an almost MVP like level, playing the best basketball of his career and leading Toronto to a great record in December-January as a #3 seed in the LEastern Conference.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Lowry is in a contract year. He's not going to let some petty feud from three years ago screw that up.

I'd love to have Rondo or Lowry on this team.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He would be the 4th or 5th option over here. Unless he plays the 6th man role.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would. The 3rd seed in the East is roughly equivalent to the 9th seed in the West. I'm glad he's looking like the big fish in the puddle, he's still a headcase that I don't want anything to do with.

18. theangrycanary

A lot of people have been saying...

Asik/lin for rondo + (something)

But the word is that the Celtics have a lot of offers already for Rondo. He is prime trade bait.

So...

Do you guys think Morey would go...

Asik/Lin/Jones for Rondo/green?

Jones all-star potential and low contract for the next few years easily offset any notion that Asik and Lin's contracts are bloated. Making the rockets offer hard to beat by anyone else in the nba.

So Rockets end up with Rondo, Green (stretch four), Parsons, Harden, Howard. Morey gets his coveted three superstars, + totally legit starters green + Parsons. Two guys who can hit game winners and drop forty pts a night. Pretty solid stuff.

And celtics end up with Lin,Asik,Jones,and umm... wallace, and err... some shooting guard.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I respect Morey's player analysis enough to where I doubt he'd trade anything for Rondo knowing that he doesn't fit on the Rockets. I certainly don't think he's going to get into a bidding war for a player who wouldn't fit on the team. That's a Knicks/Nets type of deal.

20. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Would you not consider Jones our 4th option. In his last game he put up 36. Everyone on this team gets their touches.