1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Need Faried!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Carmelo Anthony is hot garbage and has been for several years. He is inefficient and horrible defensively. He is well below replacement value.

Faried didn’t even receive an invitation to an NBA training camp because defensively he was unplayable.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes he is a good rebounder and gets garbage points and can finish well.... the problem is that defensively he is so bad that teams cannot put him on the court.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Well explain 16pts off 37% from behind the arc. Those numbers are slightly better than Eric Gordon's this year. How does a "hot garbage" player put up such solid numbers? And I think you previously called him washed up

Defensively unplayable enough to save our season. How does a guy come in his 1st game & instantly make a team better, if he's such a liability? The Rockets lost Capela & had no bigman, until Faried came here. We took off after that. I honestly think you guys just keep regurgitating the same nonsense for previous years about guys. Did you watch the Rockets last year?

PDJACK7 likes this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Last year when caplea was injury, he helped Houston to win some matches. I think the situation now is similar to last year. I suggest Morey to sign him again, it is better to put tucker in center

5. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Im all for this. Like legit, he was the reason for our turnaround season last year.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Obviously couldn’t agree more, but MDA won’t play him so what’s the point?

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Is the Manimal still playing basketball? The Rockets sure could use his hustle and offensive reboinds. Bring back Kenneth Faried.

hakeemthagreat and hakeem94 like this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His defense was the equivalent of advertising free points to the other team. No. Stop it.

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

God bless you dfbreyes....bring back the Manimal!!!!!

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No more 6'3'' centers!

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was really hoping this was some kind of necro-bump from several years ago instead of people still somehow thinking that Kenneth Faried was an NBA player. I mean, he was getting schooled by DMo in China last year...

BigShasta, D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes!

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think we've already met the bonehead quota until we offload House as a cap sweetener.

D-rock likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

He saved our season

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Then disappeared in the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No lie. I would not mind this. I don’t like the idea of trying youth for this squad. It sounds like we’re leaning towards keeping both Russ and Harden. We need to act like we got a shot at the ‘chip and get some tough vets.

I would love for Boogie to have a full year with us. Think back to how great Nene was for us and multiply that skill by 100. He’s tough, will stand up for his teammates, and maybe be an enforcer.

Love to keep Gerald Green. He’s got heart and again always got his teammates back. And can go off on any given night. Again, I don’t want to see him in playoff 4th quarters like MDA would use him, but he’s a great Houston bench player.

Manimal didn’t work out with D’antoni, but the whole liability on defense is exaggerated if we change our defense up a bit. Assuming we add more elements and not switch 100% of the time, 1 on 1 defense is minimized by team defense. Taj Gibson could be an interesting get also.

Wish we got a veteran point guard. I would have liked Teague even though I never thought much of his game. For a minimum contract on a playoff team he’d be a great get, good for Boston.

18. hakeemthagreat

Thats a MDA decision not on Faried. Plus we'd not even made it to the playoffs without him

Imanimal likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

This offense is not changing as much as you think and Rockets cannot afford to have TWO players who are unreliable from 3.

So "no" to Faried, love his energy but his lack of 3ball and complete liability on D would be a wasted Roster space.

Clemons already wasting a spot on the 15.

Like you, also not a fan on spending MLE and wasting roster spots on so many unproven undersized inexperienced players.

Need to sign Shaq Harrison, backup PG and elite defender, before the Lakers do.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is super match with westbrooks and cousions backup. We can move back tucker to small forward then the only weakness is in the guard position, we may sign I Thomas to play for few minutes