1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We NEED better scouts.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseBoi86, Dec 21, 2001.

1. FranchiseBoi86

I was looking at the 1998 draft and saw that 2 of our 4 picks were wastes. Cuttino was a steal like Loren Woods, and Dickerson turned out really well. The other picks were Bryce Drew and Mirsad Turkcan. I'm really pissed, they didn't do anything. We could've picked up Ruben Patterson, Rashard Lewis, Nazr Mohammed, or Al Harrington. Two that were coming out of high school. Drew and Turkan aren;t even on the team and what happened to Turkcan?(Never knew what happened) We need new scouts who are risky. We always pick seniors for some reason. We were risky picking Turkcan, but if I were a scout I'd go for a high schooler like Lewis or Harrington. What a waste. We also need a new owner who is willing to spend some money. We are so cheap that we can't get any superstars like Duncan. We need someone like Mark Cuban to do sign and trades and spending a S**T load of money on players. Maybe we should consider letting a co-owner of yahoo buying the Rockets.

2. neXXes

neXXes Member

This was three years back, why are you still "pissed"? Are you pissed that the Rockets didn't pick Drexler in the 1983 draft?

3. FranchiseBoi86

I'm just pissed at the moment, because I happened to look back at that draft on www.nbadraft.net

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Have you even bothered to check the draft record for other teams?

Les doesn't spend money? Are you crazy?

5. leebigez

leebigez Member

I think we have a great owner, you must don't remember Charlie Thomas. He spends the money when he has to, I just wish when he inquired about Rice he would have vetoed that trade. Everyone thought he was meddling and interfering, but he is the one that will have to pay the over the cap fees. He was right then, i just wish he would have called the trade off and sent Anderson on his way.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Or we could've picked:

Radoslav Nesterovic
    Pat Garrity
    Roshown McLeod
    Ricky Davis
    Brian Skinner
    Tyronn Lue
    Sam Jacobson
    Vladimir Stepania
    Corey Benjamin
    Ansu Sesay
    Shammond Williams
    Bruno Sundov
    Jerome James
    Casey Shaw
    DeMarco Johnson
    Rafer Alston
    Korleone Young
    Miles Simon
    Sean Marks
    Toby Bailey
    Andrae Patterson
    Tyson Wheeler
    Ryan Stack
    Cory Carr
    Andrew Betts
    Corey Brewer
    Derrick Dial
    Tremaine Fowlkes
    Ryan Bowen
    Torraye Braggs
    Maceo Baston

How about Matt Harpring at 15 or Michael Doleac at 12 or Robert Traylor at 6 or Michael Olowokandi at #1????

I guess the whole league needs new scouts. And we certainly do considering the only thing we got out of that draft was Cuttino Mobley who is our starting two guard, Michael Dickerson who we traded for Steve Francis and Mirsad Turcksan who we traded for one of the picks that became Eddie Griffin. That WAS pretty awful, wasn't it?