1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we need adjustment right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matthappy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. matthappy

matthappy Member

carl landry was our best scorer during 4th quarter,but recently the teams against us guarded him with more intensity .he was not as efficient as before. there was more doubling,fronting,just like what they do to yao.

the game against bobcats was more apparent,the ball pass to landry was blocked,he felt like a little frustrated,and no one step out to score in crush time.

with the deeper understanding of this team by others,our disadvantage would be magnified.like the undersize issue,like pure run and gun system,like without a legit go-to guy.also i find some discord on the court.ariza was out of control recently,he had got used to accusing his teammates. asking for more ball control,like tonight game,at the end of half ,he dribbled the ball for the last offense,but his ugly dribble made a turnover,and sent 3 points for bobcats.the whole ball movement was not as good as before.

the situation is there is problem for this team. we need adjustment,not only the system,but the rosters.if noe ,we would be kicked out of the playoff list.

2. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

As hard as it was to read that, I agree with you. Some adjustments need to be made. Not just lineups or the way we run our offense/defence, but in-game adjustments, which is something Adelman seems to have difficulty with.

Not to mention figuring out the T-mac situation. The fact that the Rockets are not letting him play and taking forever to trade him is really pissing me off and makes me question the professionality of the coaching staff.

3. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Obviously, roster change is needed, but talk of that will de-rail this thread into random trade hyperbole. What can we do with what we have now? It seems to me, the major issue is our lack of offensive production when our starters are on the court. We are losing the 1st and 3rd quarters more often than not. I would suggest that having Battier, Hayes, and Ariza on the court at the same time is allowing teams to swarm Brooks and Scola. The easiest fix in my opinion is to change the rotation, pairing Budinger up with either Ariza or Battier. That will give us another option on offense and bring Budinger along as a contributor for next season when we hope to make our real push.

4. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

I agree. Obviously, the Rockets will make some roster moves soon...it is important to keep key role players- such as Scola, Lowry & Battier..because from what I see..it's clear that these three have the right formula and chemistry to help win alot of games.

I think, from the starting lineup..it would benefit the Rockets if they were to adjust the SG and C position. This may mean trading away Ariza for C or big man.

-- Also rumor has is that TMac may be heading to Washington for Butler, Foye & Miller.... I LIKE!

Knowing the fact that Lowry and Foye played and had success together in college, may intrigue Daryl Morey..Daryl Morey is smart enough to realize the great chemistry possibility of having both Lowry and Foye come off the bench.

Roster Prediction after trading deadline.

PG- Brooks, Lowry
    SG- Butler, Foye
    SF- Battier, Budinger
    PF- Scola, Landry
    C - _______, Hayes, Andersen

Miller & Ariza possibly getting trading to another team or a part of a 3-way deal involving a big man...Kaman? Murphy? ahmm...BOSH?

5. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

The Rockets don't need adjustments.... Obviously this year is not a title year since we have 40 mill not even stepping onto the court so we should be the under dog in EVERY game. Having a winning record just shows how good our current players are