1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a veteran.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iMissTX, Jul 4, 2013.

1. iMissTX

iMissTX Member

I feel like we need a veteran in the game. I was thinking that maybe Stephen Jackson might be a nice back up to Chandler Parsons(like how he was with the Spurs with Kawhi Leonard starting) I like his attitude(might be a little to aggressive for some, but oh well, I think we need it. He could be like Artest when he was here.) Plus he loves H-Town and I'm sure he wouldn't mind it all being from Port Arthur(I believe). The best thing you could have is a player who loves the city where he plays in.
    Also, he can shoot the 3, and come playoffs he always plays great. Does anybody remember that game 6 against the the Thunder 2012?

Just thinking out loud here, maybe some of the experts here could give there idea or point of view on this.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree a veteran presence would be great, however I wouldn't roll the dice on Stephen Jackson. I hear that Billups is available, he would be great.

Also, when people ask for a veteran for the bench, why doesn't the coach count? Is Mchale too far removed from the game? He has obviously seen a tremendous amount and proven himself to perform on the biggest stages totally selflessly. These all seem to be the characteristics you want from a vet

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Garcia and Brewer!

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

its interesting Garcia, Brewer, Delfino havent signed anywhere.

5. Hui

Hui Member

I would love Billups on this team

6. jocar

jocar Member

No doubt! Garcia was the most vocal guy on and off the floor, can hold his own on D, and still rain 3's.

Fingers crossed that no one picks him up, and he re-signs here at a discount. I hope Morey makes him an offer Friday, right after _________________. (jinx proof)

7. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Jackson already threw a fit about minutes last year so I don't know about that. I mean we all know that after we sign Dwight we'll use our MLE on vets... That's just how things go. I think we'd try to bring back Garcia or Delfino, I doubt both of them. We def need someone who can rain 3's and play defense and who won't be too expensive.

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

We would only need veteran once we have our championship core... while we dont have have that, veterans will just clog our cap space... and will prevent us from discovering more un-discovered talents at cheap contracts...

9. Swishh

Swishh Member

*Flame Shield On*

[​IMG]

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's not surprising that Garcia had such a positive experience with Houston after languishing in Sacramento all of his career. He definitely turned some heads with his play and demeanor. It would be a damn shame if we can't get him back, but the market for him is probably out of our range, and rightfully so! I think most people feel the same way about Delfino.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how about half man, half of a half a season - rip hamilton?

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am all in for Garcia unfortunately the only way we get enough cash to sign him is if we sign and trade him to LA. Then we have our MLE and BAE and we have the money we need. Oops but we traded him too LA so that takes Garcia off the Market.

Still I would do that because it gives us cash to sign Aldemir, Canaan, Kostas and maybe use the BAE on Ray Allen, Billups, Matt Barnes etc.. I would or first Next year and Garcia if we can hold onto those. We might have to throw in Greg Smith. That would leave us with a roster of...

D12, Asik, Aldemir
    DMo, Tjones, Covington
    Parsons, Kostas
    Harden, Billups or Allen or Barnes
    Lin Beverly, Canaan

That leaves one roster spot if we don't move Royce white. And we still retain Asik and Lin and have assets that might land us LMA down the road or maybe even Love. Okay kind of dreaming now, but if LMA keeps demanding a trade and Portland keeps wanting a center back in return, what better option is there than Asik. Chicago's not trading Noah and for LMA Morey will trade Asik. It's just a matter of waiting it out until Portland gives in like OKC did with Harden. Only Asik is more valuable than Kevin Martin. I digress but if DMo shows improvement this year like he is reportedly doing than I do tink it is possible to trade DMo and Asik for LMA. It works salary wise anyway. If DMo shows real improvement and Portland gets to the trade deadline and nothing is showing up better than that's a deal I think they could swallow. I digress.

#12 Old Man Rock, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Even Greg Poppovich and Duncan couldn't control Jackson and had to cut him because of his antics and outbursts this season. The guy is a well known malcontent and a cancer. He pulled the same crap with the Bobcats and the Bucks.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think we should reunite billups and rip

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Rip Hamilton would be a fantastic backup to Harden. Can't have enough 3 point shooters, plus he has championship experience.

16. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think T-Mac or Grant Hill would be perfect for this team.

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Brian Scalabrine

18. tested911

tested911 Member

[​IMG]

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

in 2003

20. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Juwan Howard anyone?