1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Need a Game CLOSER Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. J, Nov 17, 2009.

?

who could be the CLOSER in key time?

1. T. Ariza

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. A. Brooks

34 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. S. Battier

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. T. McGrady (waiting for his back, if possible)

145 vote(s)
    66.2%
  5. a NEW guy?

36 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

We r definitely good, with every achieved player and the excellent teamwork. But we r lack of a real closer, especially in the key time of 4th Qtr.

Who could be?

Ariza
    Brooks
    or a new guy?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmm....yes, who could it be?

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

LOL...we've needed a closer for about five plus years now. It's a shame those Kobe Bryant type players don't just grow off trees.

4. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

why is there no budinger in there?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your title:
    We Need a Game CLOSER Now

and this choice:
    T. McGrady (waiting for his back, if possible)

contradict each other.

Brooks.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Budinger is good, but I guess he is not likely to be the ONE in this season.(unpractical) For what? a.Rookie without enough experience, b. Rox is RA's system for now

Anyway, I hope the answer is realistic.

7. Landlord Landry

why is there no kyra sedgwick in there?

8. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Please, please, please don't bring back McGrady unless you are trying to bring up his trade value. He will totally screw up the chemistry of this team. He's the one of the most selfish players the Rox have ever had. We all saw what happened last year. Please No!

The T-Mac - Yao experiment is over and it didn't work. Please keep this team intact. They are a blast to watch, we're just missing a few pieces and selfish T-Mac and slower than Christmas, fragile Yao are not the answers.

Yes, we lost tonight and yes we need a superstar, but neither Yao or T-Mac are the players we need to fill our gaps. Let them expire or trade them for salary cap relief or players that will fill our needs. Please!

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Because of excellent playsers/ playing system and good performance going now, we need one closer especially for now. But the main question for this poll is "Who could be?". T. McGrady option is a liittle complicated and I'm sure many people will turn to him after seeing this poll, so I put it here.

10. Seth

Seth Member

Did we loose against a below average team???

I can't believe how many fans are waiting for the team to loose against ANY team to open a bunch of T-Mac related threads!!

Plus, if we need a closer NOW it cannot be McGrady, because he is not able to play NOW.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If Landry can learn how to pass out of the double then I think he should get the ball at the end of games (which means he needs to be in at the end of games).

He's the most capable of scoring without a PnR or crisp ball movement.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brad Lidge might be available. ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

ABC - ALWAYS BE CLOSING

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I am amazed by the percentage of die-hard TMac fans here. Well...maybe tinman is right after all.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

budinger won't be in the final seconds b/c battier and ariza are better defenders than him. brooks is too short to get his shot off when defenses tighten up and ariza can't dribble more than 3 times without losing the ball. i say just give the ball to landry at the elbow and let him make a move.

16. RocketMania1991

17. rockets_fanatic

We need someone who will make the right play at the end of games. Without Yao or Tracy I've been felt comfortable in a close game.

Are we in desperate need of one now? No, we have another 70 games left. We have a bunch of scoring threats in this team, but we don't have a man who will draw a double team. That is what Tracy will bring.

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

This thread is not for T-Mac at all. He is here (just the 4th option) and with "if possible" 'cause of fully considering someone's leans and possible answers.

I haven't excepted there were so many fans choosing T-Mac. Damn it. What can I say?

We just need to face the music.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Maybe OP should tell Morey where this tree that grows closers on it is located. Obviously its that easy to just go pluck one off of it.

How about this, instead of wasting time running down the shot clock for an iso at the top, how bout we just keep running the offense regardless of if there are 12 minutes or 12 seconds left.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Exactly

Can we please stop this "closer" crap? Rockets just need to run the offense that made them successful in the first place.

I'm so tired of watching the offense play so well for 3 and a half quarters, only to watch them make one pass and that player try to score on every possession for the last 5 minutes. I'd rather see us pass the ball around more and try to find the open man.