1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a consistent scoring threat at the PF position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acsorelle4, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

610 This morning Morey said " Jones is a lot closer to cracking the rotation than Donuts or anyone else" also noted that Carl Landry didnt start playing until December.
    [​IMG]

2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

If we have that we could become a contender.

3. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Scola's no longer here. I wasn't responsible for his departure. Greg's a big, strong body that has demonstrated, to some degree, that he's capable of scoring down low at a high percentage rate. Is it possible that you're over-reacting?

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It would not be much on offense but could you imagine the defense with Asik, Chuck and Parsons?

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

TJ is the complete package IMO. He has the size, athleticism and strength to play now. He sure looked a lot better than just good on the defensive end during pre season. He has range out to the three point line and finishes like a man close to the basket. He is a good passer and can handle the ball out on the floor. I already think he should be in the rotation.

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I have a feeling TJones will be valuable to this team.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Plus he already has 2 years of experience on an NBA team.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

It is fine. Marcus Morris.

9. SweedishHamma

SweedishHamma Member

This thread is absolutely pointless.

Marcus Morris has shown that he is the offensive scoring threat from the PF spot. He showed it in college and he's shown it this season. He's not going to be Tyson Chandler on defense, but he's not getting abused. The weird love-fest for Terrance Jones on this board is disturbing. I think Jones has the potential to be a nice rotational piece on this team, but if you watched his game at all in college you can tell he didn't develop any actual moves.

Your PF answer, at this time and in the foreseeable future, is Marcus Morris. He's everything you're b****ing about but not named Jones.

1 person likes this.
  10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Im starting to like patrick patterson's game again are sh!tting on him before, especially since he added the three point shot, but at the same time I wouldn't mind trading Patterson for a draft pick, and start Morris, and bring Jones off the bench until we find an all star caliber PF.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I like Morris coming off the bench to provide some desperately needed 6th man type of scoring. Still, if Patterson is moved, I think its debatable on the decision they will make to start either him or Jones. You could make a case for either guy, but there is doubt that Morris is the more polished player right now.

Ive been a big PatPat supporter over the years and think he's a fine player, but I think his days are probably numbered for the Rockets. I do think he will be moved at the trade deadline unless an all star package presents itself, and Patterson stays in the deal.

12. sando

sando Member

Why? We are fine tanking for this season.

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Jones will crack the rotation soon if not maybe ppat doesn't go at deadline.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Carl Landry is a bad ass. A good team will have role players. Not everyone will be a star... sorry to be the one to break the news.

For the record I miss Hayes as well.

I would not be opposed to replacing Patterson with Landry or Hayes in any way possible.

I'm not saying it has to be done, it's just fun to consider. I'm willing to let Morris and Jones develop.

15. teebone21

teebone21 Member

We need a PF that can score and REBOUND!!

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Royce White.

Sorry I thought the thread title said legal threat, not scoring threat.

Is Parsons bulking up a bit and spending some PT at the 4 in the future something that is still on the table? Or am I living in the past?

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

His defense has declined

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

We could already have our answer in Terrence Jones and/or Donatas Motiejunas.

Terrence Jones is more NBA ready defensively, but D-Mo's potential on the offensive end is immense, given his size and skill level.

19. CertifiedTroll

I dislike PPats game, he should go train with Zach Randolph in a prison and then he might go to the free throw line over once per 10 games

1 person likes this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Been watching the Warriors. Carl Landry is playing the exact same role he played for the Rockets. He is there go-to person in the 4th quarter. They have a gem there and they know it.

I like TJ, but he is not a low-post threat. He likes the jumper just like Patterson but at least he can rebound and block shots. Would rather see one of Smith, Dmo, or Morris develop into that starting spot.