1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a consistent scoring threat at the PF position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acsorelle4, Nov 9, 2012.

1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

"Carl Landry scored 23 points on the strength of 11-for-16 shooting from the floor as the Warriors topped the Clippers. Landry, who made seven of his nine field-goal attempts in Golden State's season opener and went 5-for-10 from the floor on Friday, is one of five NBA players to make at least 50 percent of his field-goal attempts in each of his first three games this season (minimum: five field goals in each game), along with Kobe Bryant, Darren Collison, Rajon Rondo and Brandan Wright. But while Landry hasn't started a game this season, the four other players on that list have each started all of their teams' games."

Go check his stats for these first few games. $4mil....

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad you guys finally beginning to catch on

3. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Greg Smith seems to be a decent scoring threat down low. I'd like to see him get a few looks at PF.

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Did we forget about Terrence Jones?

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

The problem with Greg Smith is he will never be on the floor enough to be a consistent scorer. In the opener, what did he play 17 minutes? And what'd he have for fouls? 5? He doesn't know how to play NBA defense without fouling yet, hopefully he takes his lumps and learns soon

7. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    fans would love it.

how about...?
    [​IMG]
    Imagin a Chuck Wagon/Asik duo. 0 points scored in the paint...on both offense and defense :D

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the people on Clutchfans are well aware that Terrence Jones exists.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Carl Landry is a stop-gap role player, DO NOT WANT.

11. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I actually believe Terrence Jones could be a go to guy on the offensive side. In my opinion he is already better than Patterson. I dont have a clue why he isnt even touching the court in these games.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We already knew that. This isn't breaking news.

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'll pass on a 6'7 30 year old PF who would help burry Jones and White even more.

14. koopa

koopa Member

LMFAO???? Greg smith scoring threat?? You get delusional or desperate and call scrubs good scorers..think twice before amnestying scola and expect patterson to fill in the void. Same for losing 3 point shooters and replacing them with scrubs.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hope he gets his chance sooner rather than later. I think he would be an amazing fit with Asik, Lin, and Hardin. I hope to see him and Terrance Jones getting most of the PF minutes by the latter half of the season. I just don't know that Patterson fits in very well with this unit.

1 person likes this.
  16. Red&BlackPudman

Well no ***** we need a post presence on offense who can score the ball! Really dumb thread. Everyone who is half way coherent (Rockets fan or not) realizes we need a go-to PF on the block/elbow. If this team even had Luis, we would be miles better with Omer making up for his defensive liability. Not saying I want Luis cause I love the cap room, but if this team were to snag an Aldridge, Millsaps, Jefferson, JSmoove, or a Bosh type player, we could be serious contenders in my opinion. Honestly though, everyone knows this is a major problem. All you have to do is OPEN YOUR EYES!

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Milsap, Jefferson or JSmoove would not take this team deep into the playoffs. Someone like a young Amare Stoudemire I personally think would be ideal a dominant pnr big man who the opposing team would have to respect.

18. Red&BlackPudman

Ok if you want me to get specific, with Millsaps and/or Jefferson we probably go to the second round, tough to make it to the WC Finals. With JSmoove we go to the second round and maybe WC Finals. With Aldridge, we are legit contenders to take down anyone minus the Heat.

I hate playing the "what if" game, and that isnt the point anyway. The point is we need an all-star PF post player who can play the pick and roll like a champ. That needs to be our only concern in the front office, and frankly I think its obvious so I'm sure Morey's just waiting for the right guy/deal to come.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I agree totally. Personally I don't see JSmoover, Millsap, Jefferson getting us out of the second round. Players like LMA, Cousins or Love would be ideal. Anyway I am not to worried about this team. We aren't supposed to be contenders anyway. Just want to see improvement all around but namely from Asik Harden Lin & Parsons. Would also love to see Jones get some playing time in the near future.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's trade all our rookies for Scolandry. Problem solved.