1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a closer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We need to stop digging holes early in the game or letting half time leads evaporate in the second half.

Harden can be a closer, but the team in general needs to learn or be taught how to play a full game of basketball. And from what I've seen we really don't know how to manage the clock with leads well either.

2. disguyman

disguyman Member

nough said

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're talking about the two best teams in the league, and then ending with the GOAT.

This team is nowhere near the best team in the league.

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

YUP! OK...NOW GTFO. Those weren't the plays that LOST the game. They sure didn't help! DUDE STFU!

Oh, and we have a closer.

Sorry we are playing the best team in the West.

Also, to defend Lin, if Lin would have gave it a go, and WB was still playing things would have been HORRIBLE! Thing was WB didn't play, and while Lin did not look good out there at all he tried in the playoffs. OKC's offense wasn't going through, or by Lin so it wasn't his fault either. Harden could have played a touch better on D, but I won't complain.

Lin probably doesn't understand that that may hurt the team, him playing injured. Hopefully he did learn from that. I thought Brooks looked like night and day compared to the last time he got pulled, so Lin should not have played, but oh well! He didn't lose us this game, but sure didn't help.
    Also KD's play on him, and the ball was just a little "Westbrook is my brother! play" so "it's been known to happen!" I really found out how much I HATE THE OKC THUNDER though these first 3 games.

If it wasn't for Harden in the first place we would have never came back from 26 down.

Also go look at the first qtr., and you'll see that Joey Crawford won the game early on.

TO THE OP, Also if it wasn't for Harden we'd have been blown out all three games!

Now, OP, GO WATCH DENVER PLAY, and let me know when they get a closer. They play D though!

5. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Yup all that needs to be said really. I just can't stand the way the GARM is. It's too divided. Either LOVE THE ROCKETS OR GTFO!

So true, in your words there.

6. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

After 3 playoff games with this team, and he's already not a closer? Come on. Give the guy a little time to get used to being a number one option before you start counting him out. He's closed some games really well in the regular season so the potential is definitely there.

7. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

We have a closer, he just doesn't know it and passes the ball to Delfino in the end

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

We need a few plays at the end of games, that's what we need.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Closer to what?

10. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

:cool:

in all seriousness, the KD four second hang time bounce off the iron was luck. Having said that, Harden should have hit those two FT's.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he missed 5.. way too many

12. Rocket Booster

Harden is a closer for the opponent.

13. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Do you really believe this? Or are you just saying this to piss people off? Harden is 23 years old and has had an extremely good year. Did he bang your mother?

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Threads like this is what makes Clutchfans hard to read. I know every fan base has their share of idiots, but why the hell are we complaining about a closer when we clearing have a freakin' closer in Harden?

DO YOU REMEMBER LAST SEASON? The 11'-12' Rockets was a team with no closer.
    - Kevin Martin? No
    - Kyle Lowry? No
    - Dragic? No
    - Scola? No

Such a garbage thread.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Get a good second option on the team and Harden will frustrate less at the end of games because we'll have more play options than "just improvise, James".

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ever since about... 1997, I've seen threads about us needing a closer.