1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a 4 or 3 Bruiser Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I think our team needs toughness..someone who crashes the boards, play D and hustle...look at GSW, they have Draymond Green..Clips have Barnes..Heat have Battier...in other words we need a bigger version of Beverley in the 4/3 position...dunno who we can sign with our remaining exception.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

batter a bruiser? That warrants a perma ban.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Bruiser no .... pest yes. That's what Beverley is , a pest and the statement was needing a bigger version of him .... I think its a reasonable analogy.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Reggie Evans if waived?

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why does everyone on this site call for bans when they disagree? Just say what you have to say. Say what your definition of a bruiser is and why the player doesn't fit that description.

Clutchfans seems to mimic this lately:
    "I have an idea."
    "Off with his head. Ye shall have no opinion different than mine."

It's a bunch of god **** wanna be princes on here.

6. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

I agree, I think we need another big physical guy on the court w/ howard at the end of a game. Howard is a beast, but can't do it alone. Like against GSW, at the end of the game, O'Neal and Lee were manhandling us...didn't look as bad when Lee was missing shots, but I don't get why we are playing so small. Tjones or a G Davis would be nice. I like Lin, but I don't think Lin, Bev, and Harden lineup works...2/3 would be better w/ Parson, D12, and PF.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons is already bruised.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I really want James Johnson on this team, but I really doubt the Grizzlies would let him go (and they would have to wait until the end of the season to get him now).

9. basketballholic

Another big, physical guy on the floor with Howard.......hmmmmmmmmmmm.

You mean........like.........someone like.........Omer Asik?!?!?!

10. scottie brooks

Is Joey Dorsey available?

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Rox had him. But then... #bewell

12. rocketblood713

13. bmd

bmd Member

Lin is a bruiser.

He bruised Harden's arm, he bruised his knee, he bruised his chest, etc.

14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I think a player like Kenneth Faried would be great for a team like ours. He's not exactly a stretch 4 by any means but the guy is a flat out bruiser and hustles. Perfect player for every time Dwight goes out chasing for the block. Omer wouldn't be the same because he's too slow, a poor finisher, and wouldn't be able to run a fastbreak on the offensive side. He's a center and that's it.

Jones can finish around the hoop but lacks the size and fundamentals to box out or cover for Dwight. You can say Terrence is young still but most likely he would never develop the tenacity that Faried is possessed with. It's kind of something you're just born with.

Motie is a decent stretch 4 but he is by no means a bruiser but more like the one getting bruised inside the paint. I think with the way he is developing, Rockets should keep him for matchup purposes when the opposing teams 4 isn't physical.

Scoring isn't the problem with this team like obtaining a stretch for would suggest, I think its Defense. We need more second chance points, and grit down low.

15. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

Nah not Asik, someone who can shoot and be a threat on offense. So, we just signed Daniels, does that mean we can waive Casspi and sign Big Baby? I dont see what Casspi provides that Monte or Jones doesn't....

That would help solve it.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about

[​IMG]

a Boozer player?

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

LOL at him being the next Howard as some predicted.