1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to trade Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, May 12, 2024.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hate to break it to you, but the odds of all those guys being around within the next 2-4 years is basically 0%....

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Where do you expect him to rank all time when he's retired? Or what would you say is his median outcome

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm sorry, beyond the points and the efficiency, what else did you want from a 1st option scorer? Like I said, more 40 pt HIGH EFFICIENCY games than Sengun, with ease.

4. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I can see Tari gone - always injured

green gone - didn’t live up to expectations

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

jalen's efficiency sucks, he's been 7% below the league the last 2 years

cml750 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. maypk

maypk Member

"With Ease" LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Where's the "efficiency"? He averaged fewer points than Sengun this season, at a much lower FG % and TS %. There's also rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, you know, the whole thing. Not to mention advanced stats.

We have been over this with you many times before. You always revert to looking at POINTS ONLY. Now you are claiming efficiency. Which is not an argument you can win, when objectively looking at data and facts.

I hate these "Rockets player vs. Rockets player" discussions, but since you started it...

upload_2024-5-16_12-37-9.png

You understand that if he had more 40+ games, but averages fewer points, this means he has been wildly inconsistent...right? Right?

cml750 likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Among Rockets players?

Second behind Hakeem.

Median outcome is a guy who makes the all-star team several times, helps carry his team to the playoffs, and gets close to averaging a triple double in his prime (barring injuries, of course).

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

no no, i mean historically, where do you think he will rank? What you listed is also nowhere close to harden (obviously).

What do you think his high end outcome historically is? median outcome?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Not sure what you mean - you asked me where he would rank among Rockets players in history, when it will all be said and done, and I said second behind Hakeem.

Harden had some incredible years of statistical output, but we know we didn't get there.

I think that we can get there with Alpi and the current young core and additional assets in a few years. And that will lead to him being ranked above Harden in Rockets history when it will all be said and done.

High end outcome personally is league MVP and finals MVP. He is that good. It's not a given, but he has the potential.

Ex-players like JJ Redick agree that he will be an MVP candidate.

Strawberry Gum and AlperenSengun like this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

AroundTheWorld and AlperenSengun like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden has almost never had the chance of being Finals MVP.....basketball reasons.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya there's a probably 99% chance he will be on much better teams than Harden was. Harden only played 2 seasons or so where he had another top 20 player, it's remarkable how good he made the rockets for all those years. Harden is around the 30th best player ever, i would be stunned if sengun gets there as i don't see a path for it, but hopefully you're right!!

This goes without saying but winning a title will be much easier for sengun also, he will never face anyone close to the KD warriors teams

PatBev likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Well, look how the expectations have shifted already.

From "giving the Rockets props for making the decision to bench him for Bruno Fernando early" to "he is lucky to be on a much better team than Harden, so winning championships will be so much easier".

lol

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya i definitely never said to bench him for bruno, that was absurd. You were talking about playoff stuff when comparing him to harden, so having a way way way easier path is pretty important

#117 astrosrule, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But when he is going to be a Top 5 MVP candidate your take is toast.

[​IMG]

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might not run into Vintage Worriers but he will run into 9 or 10 teams in the West are about the same as the Rockets......every team would be scraping by.....

I think the West will be a lot more balaced but at the same time cruel.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Yes, all of those teams will be trash compared to the teams harden had to go through