1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

We have to sign Gerald Green and play Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I think all of those guys have guaranteed contracts. If they do you can't just cut one and add green without taking the cap and $ hit. I would rather take a flyer on Green than on Woods or Francis, but they may be more valuable as expiring trade assets.

Right now, I'm not sure he will be on the Rockets summer league roster, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to take a look. Woods, Harris, Head, Francis, Green, Novak; who cares they aren't contributors anyway. Our depth sucks. We need somehow to find a backup SG and PG or we are not getting out of the first round.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Green has done the drugs bit, and other things then I am all for NOT getting him.....

I just hope he gets his act together.

DD

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Should it mean anything that Green isn't on the SL squad?

4. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly.

For somebody with potential, or somebody who is 'low risk,' clearly A LOT of teams in the league don't care for the guy.

There has to be a reason that he's been traded again and again, and nobody is really interested in him.

..probably because he's all flash (dunk contest) no substance (can't compete at the pro level)

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I doubt he was smoking weed in the team locker room if so then there is no hope for him then.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I kinda agre with DD, but once they made the draft of D. Greene, I think it kinda ended his return to houston. Ideally for me, I want ricky davis as the 2/3 guy. I would split time with Davis and Battier while working Greene behind Tracy for 15mins per. If the kid struggles, then Davis could take those minutes and the breakdown would be tracy for 33, Shane 33, and Davis 30. If Donta can handle 15min then shane and ricky plays 24mins and tracy plays 33mins. I do like G.Green though and he was starting to make progress in Boston.May people say its easy to put up numbers on a bad team, but that's not the case. When ur on a bad team and one of the good players, its no different than on a good team. Teams game plan and probably focus more because u r the only player that can hurt them. That's like saying it was easy for garnett, pierce and allen had a easy time last year. In the nba, therer are no easy point unless ur wide open for dunks and layups.

7. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

He missed a practice because he was chilling with his boys at a hotel downtown smoking the herb.
    missed practice, last straw.

Believe me or don't but it is what happened.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thought you said a locker room?

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I said he tried. But didn't get the chance.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

If he did all this I'm sure something would of came out about it. But who knows you could be right.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If he did all that, If I was DM I would have straight out cut him and told him don't let the door hit you on the way out. Rox position was we'll look you at you on the way out, with the Rox bad experience with Eddie Griffin why would they want a repeat performance from GG, doesn't add up.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It makes perfect sense to me. He had to have done something toxic like this to be left out in Siberia like he has by every team in the league. If he wasn't a deeply flawed package, someone would have picked him up.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is the difference between Morey and Ed Wade. Ed Wade pushes a confrontation, and creates an unavoidable conflict. Morey says, "We are releasing you because of your attitude and behavior. Get your **** together and we might think about reestablishing a relationship. Until then, goodbye."

Don't burn bridges that may limit you later. Keep your options as open as possible. This is the difference between a wise manager of people and a hot head. It might feel better to yell at him and call him names, but it doesn't get the best results for your team.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am going to REMEMBER this post in our next Rudy Gay vs Battier thread.

DD

14. Chamillionaire

azubuike would be the first choice, athletic, can score from the 2 spot, but chances of landing him are slim.

barry still has gas in the tank, can shoot, but can he defend?

green is cheap, athletic, can score, but has a drug problem. if he can get help and come in to camp sober, i say give him a chance. he`s capable of playing 10 minutes behind mac.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

mar1juana, what an idiot.....I mean honestly, hanging out with his crew is going to cost him MILLIONS of dollars.....

If that is not the definition of stupid, then I don't know what is...

DD

16. rocketshopeful

just the thought of DM doing whatever T-MAC says is Hilarious. The way DM worked the draft shows that hes actively making calls.

17. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

dont know why u think GG has done anything in the league...if u call success sittin on the bench hell everyone is good at that....get off this guy hes done......brooks needs time but he wont be ready next year

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good post. Agreed, and hope this is why we have heard how he has been "working" with John Lucas.

19. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

what is going on with them?

20. AGBee

AGBee Member